We stayed here after four days at a luxury hotel in Milan, and I was just hoping that my husband would like it. The drive is on winding, narrow roads outside of the city center and a car is essential. When you pull up to the hotel, which overlooks the city, the view of the Umbrian countryside is just breathtaking. The young workers in the office are very friendly and helpful and showed us to our room. The rooms are sparsely decorated, but contain all modern amenities. We had a basic room, the Angiolo, which was right outside the door to the kitchen. This could be a problem for someone who goes to sleep early, as it can get noisy in there. There is a nice pool area with lounge chairs. We thought we would eat at Il Postale, the one star Michelin restaurant, but the menu did not appeal to me so we ate at the main restaurant which is outside, overlooking the hillside. The food was very good here and fairly inexpensive, so we ate here both nights. The breakfast selection was small but consisted of eggs and bacon and wonderful pastries, along with the usual fruit, cheese, yougurt, cereal and was delicious and more than adequate. Everything was very fresh, the breads and pastries were warm and wonderful. We had a great stay at this hotel but I would recommend asking for a room on the second floor as there are no carpets to muffle the noise from the people above.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic Castle, Castello di Monterone offers its guests 18 unique and enchanting rooms, each designed in a manner that respects and preserves the atmosphere of the Castle. Blending the past with the future, each room includes: en-suite bathrooms (some with jacuzzi tubs), international television channels, broadband internet access, mini-fridge, air conditioning and safe deposit box. Castello di Monterone has two restaurantsThe gourmet restaurant il Postale (1 star Michelin) showcases both traditional Umbrian dishes as well as contemporary, innovative cuisineThe restaurant Il Gradale’s commitment to local freshness is apparent in its seasonally inspired dishes and regionally inspired preparations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Castello di Monterone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Monterone Hotel Perugia
- Castello Di Monterone Perugia