“GREAT gluten free pizza from scratch, fantastic service!”
Review of La Luna nel Pozzo

La Luna nel Pozzo
Ranked #179 of 882 Restaurants in Perugia
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2016

I knew it was too early for dinner--just 6:30! But I was in the area, starving, with no other gluten free local options for celiacs. Had already heard good things about "The Moon in the Well" for GF options. Go--just GO out of your way to this place! If you don't have a car, take the "D" bus from il centro, but remember: last one back's about 9 or 9:15 pm.
The owner was gracious: "Non a quest'ora, signora!" warmed up quickly: my Italian's good, probably helped, paving the way with recounts of others' raves for the place for so exquisitely catering to our needy lot. I said I was sure it would be worth the wait, took a table outside and the waiter instantly appeared in shorts and tee shirt, apologizing for his lack of professional attire. The owner watered the flowers and she conversed warmly with me. The waiter delivered the options with stiff aplomb--his personality wore the tux. The house red was great. Salad jumping with vitality (despite the wilting heat!) taste and color. Fab pizza served with spicy oil on the side....I was in heaven and floated back "home" to my Perugia pied a terre, sated and grateful.

Reviewed 5 October 2015 via mobile

Go any time you can. All things for all people. Excellent food, be it pizza or pasta, fish or meat. Wine and beer good too!

Reviewed 26 May 2015

You know as a tourist you are on the right track when the place is full of locals. This is huge restaurant on many levels both in and outdoors.
On the Saturday night when we visited there were about 150 tables being served! The place was full and it seemed like chaos but what fun!!
The menu is extensive and being a vegetarian is no problem at all. The food was simply stunning and excellent value. We had a range of starters, a pasta course and a dessert as well as an excellent bottle of wine which all came to about 30euro per person. The ingredients are extremely fresh and taste wonderful. I would recommend the special pasta of the region called umbricelli. It hold the sauce wonderfully and in itself tastes great.
The restaurant is a bit out of town. We were lucky in that we drove there but a taxi ride would be worth the cost.

Very highly recommended.

Reviewed 12 May 2015 via mobile

Not easy to find a place where everything you order is good and well cooked, both fish and meat. We ate several different dishes and they were all excellent! I'd recommend it to families, couples, friends and groups.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and I travel to Perugia every time we are near Italy because we have family there. This trip, we traveled with another couple and our family picked this restaurant for dinner one night. It was such and amazing meal, we went back the next night. Eating outside, every dish was delicious. We shared a mixed fish appetizer, both hot and cold, for the table. I normally do not enjoy fish but this was utterly irresistible and I enjoyed the variety and every bite, so fresh and flavored perfectly! All the Americans agreed these two meals were the highlight of our two weeks in Italy.