“Fine dining at reasonable prices”
Review of Il Settimo Sigillo

Il Settimo Sigillo
Ranked #51 of 879 Restaurants in Perugia
Price range: US$ 19 - US$ 29
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

The dining room is decorated with medieval armor, not especially to my taste, but the food was typical Umbrian and very much to my taste. We had bean soup followed by sliced roast beef with pears, pecorino, pomegranate and honey. It was even better than it sounds. Very fine service as well.

2  Thank Caesar A

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

This is worth,looking for, although not hard to find for us as only a very short walk from our B and B whose owner recommended it. Stunning underground setting with medieval decor including body armour, swords, shields and an ancient glass covered well. The food was excellent and typical Umbrian Food. One of the best meals in Italy since Vernazza.

2  Thank RickyG48
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

The restaurant has an interesting setting in a room below the street level with the theme of a cellar dungeon.
We thought the food we had was ok, not brilliant and not especially good value.
My wife ordered a starter and I did not; this was checked and I said I was happy without a starter. The rest of our order was a steak (for me) and a fish main course. I was surprised when the one starter and my steak arrived together. This was a first and really quite odd. I thought that, if it was sent back, my steak would reappear 20 minutes later somewhat cold, so we both ate. I proceeded slowly and my wife's fish followed her starter so that we finished at about the same time.
Apart from this, the service was not especially friendly or welcoming. We would not choose to return here and so I cannot rate the restaurant very highly.

Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

Visited with a group. Very interesting local. Furnished and decorated in a exciting way. Very Good and tasteful food and very friendly waiters doing the best to make us feel welcome and special. A special Thanks to the waiter Federico for his funny way to treat us and maki g the lunch memorable. Location is very Good just behind the cathedral. I will be back

1  Thank Ulf B
Reviewed 14 October 2016 via mobile

We found this place because it was recommended by our guide. It is hard to ind but worth looking for. It is a medieval cantina in the basement of a building. Nicely done. The food is very good.

1  Thank Harry F