My partner and I have just returned from an amazing three night stay at the beautiful Castello di Petroia. The castle is beautiful and all the staff are so welcoming and helpful. We stayed in the tower which is an experience that if you're physically able & not afraid of heights should not be missed. The room is in a rustic tower, you climb metal stairs to enter the lower chamber, then climb a series of spiral staircases to access the bedroom and there are more stairs from the bedroom that lead to the terrace on top of the tower where there are deck chairs on the roof and where the 360 degree views over the tops of the trees across the valley hills and distant mountains is simply breathtaking (We felt so privileged to have this view all to ourselves). There are also fantastic views across the valley from the two windows in the bedroom. We can't wait to go back and our already planning a return visit next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Midway through the ancient road that links Gubbio to Perugia, stands on the horizon the severe and majestic Petroia Castle. A path through woods and meadows leads to a huge gate, beyond which Petroia opens in all its beauty.The origins of the Castle of Petroia are to be found between the IX and X century, on the 7th June 1422 was born in Petroia Federico da Montefeltro, the most famous Duke of Urbino. The Castle of Petroia is composed of medieval buildings enclosed within the Castle's walls. The three buildings that make up the Castle welcome guests in spacious rooms: The ancient and authentic rooms are carefully furnished to create an elegant setting and a welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your Castello di Petroia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Petroia Gubbio, Umbria, Italy
- Castello Di Petroia Hotel Gubbio