We arrived at the hotel early evening in the middle of August and it seemed strangely deserted. In contrast to the pictures on the website, it is in fact in a valley not the top of a hill, and our feeling was that it was a strangely depressing kind of place. Staff perfectly pleasant, but the whole ambience was out of the 1970s in a bad way - too much soft furnishings, musty smelling air conditioning in the rooms, piped music at breakfast etc. We found ourselves checking the sheets to make sure they were clean. We cut our stay short and went elsewhere the next morning. Maybe we got it at a bad moment (hence average rather than poor rating). But I would not return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Midway through the ancient road that links Gubbio to Perugia, stands on the horizon the severe and majestic Petroia Castle. A path through woods and meadows leads to a huge gate, beyond which Petroia opens in all its beauty.The origins of the Castle of Petroia are to be found between the IX and X century, on the 7th June 1422 was born in Petroia Federico da Montefeltro, the most famous Duke of Urbino. The Castle of Petroia is composed of medieval buildings enclosed within the Castle's walls. The three buildings that make up the Castle welcome guests in spacious rooms: The ancient and authentic rooms are carefully furnished to create an elegant setting and a welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Castello di Petroia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Petroia Gubbio, Umbria, Italy
- Castello Di Petroia Hotel Gubbio