We were looking for a special place to stay while touring the fabulous region of Umbria. Advice led us to Petroia. Everything was perfect. The rooms were spacious and well equipped. The decor was in keeping with the Middle Ages surroundings. We loved the breakfast, and dinner was served outside at this time of year by candlelight which was a treat. The chef is very creative, we enjoyed trying all the menu selections each night. We were especially touched by the attentiveness of the owner to every guest. It really made us feel at home. In August, Umbria is very hot in the middle of the day, so we took advantage of the delightful pool and kept cool until later in the afternoon to start our sightseeing. Most major attractings of the region are within a short drive. We'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Midway through the ancient road that links Gubbio to Perugia, stands on the horizon the severe and majestic Petroia Castle. A path through woods and meadows leads to a huge gate, beyond which Petroia opens in all its beauty.The origins of the Castle of Petroia are to be found between the IX and X century, on the 7th June 1422 was born in Petroia Federico da Montefeltro, the most famous Duke of Urbino. The Castle of Petroia is composed of medieval buildings enclosed within the Castle's walls. The three buildings that make up the Castle welcome guests in spacious rooms: The ancient and authentic rooms are carefully furnished to create an elegant setting and a welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Castello di Petroia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Petroia Gubbio, Umbria, Italy
- Castello Di Petroia Hotel Gubbio