“We ate here twice and enjoyed it both times.”
Review of Alla Balestra

Alla Balestra
Ranked #23 of 136 Restaurants in Gubbio
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 10 October 2016

This is a busy restaurant, catering for locals and tourists alike. Most of the staff seemed young and they were certainly attentive and eager to please. We shared a gorgeous antipasto of sliced pork with pear and truffle and the pasta dishes that we had were delicious (papadelle with duck sauce and spaghetti carbonara). All the main course meat dishes that we chose were tender and well cooked. The red and white house wines were really good too. Eating here represents good value for money. The best thing is that you feel you could come again for several nights and still want to try new things off the menu!

1  Thank valnowell

Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

Busy restaurant i the middle of Gubbio. We primarily went because of their glutenfree options, and I was pleasantly surprised by their pizza. Good experience.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

We were in Gubbio for market day and keen to find somewhere outside in a recommended restaurant so headed to Alla Balestra. Nice setting albeit it was very busy and although under cover - very hot - phew. A little bit touristy I would say - but kind of not surprising given the location. The service was efficient and friendly and the menu extensive. I had one of the best pizzas I have eaten - light and crispy with different and delicious toppings plus a good dash of chili oil. The truffle pasta my wife had was good but not as tasty as some of the other truffle pastas we had eaten that week. My recommendation would be go here for the pizzas. Waiting service smiled and were helpful. House wine good.

3  Thank ShugsyLondon
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

Nice place, efficient service, friendly staff. Excellent place to have lunch. I had a delicious tagliatelle al tartuffo eugubino. Highly recommended dish.

1  Thank Koen67
Reviewed 12 July 2016

Crowds are good in indicating an eatery's popularity, but one shoukd not feel crowded. It's not so touristy, there were plenty of locals, but it felt touristy - a bit McTalian. Nevertheless, the service was pretty good. I ordered a fixed "tipico menu" which was good, but not great. Adding in the wine and water (they gave me an amaro on the house) the bill was 25€ - an excellent value.

1  Thank Capmbad