“Good pizza - even in a glutenfree version”
Review of Alla Balestra

Alla Balestra
Ranked #23 of 136 Restaurants in Gubbio
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

Busy restaurant i the middle of Gubbio. We primarily went because of their glutenfree options, and I was pleasantly surprised by their pizza. Good experience.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

We were in Gubbio for market day and keen to find somewhere outside in a recommended restaurant so headed to Alla Balestra. Nice setting albeit it was very busy and although under cover - very hot - phew. A little bit touristy I would say - but kind of not surprising given the location. The service was efficient and friendly and the menu extensive. I had one of the best pizzas I have eaten - light and crispy with different and delicious toppings plus a good dash of chili oil. The truffle pasta my wife had was good but not as tasty as some of the other truffle pastas we had eaten that week. My recommendation would be go here for the pizzas. Waiting service smiled and were helpful. House wine good.

3  Thank ShugsyLondon
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

Nice place, efficient service, friendly staff. Excellent place to have lunch. I had a delicious tagliatelle al tartuffo eugubino. Highly recommended dish.

1  Thank Koen67
Reviewed 12 July 2016

Crowds are good in indicating an eatery's popularity, but one shoukd not feel crowded. It's not so touristy, there were plenty of locals, but it felt touristy - a bit McTalian. Nevertheless, the service was pretty good. I ordered a fixed "tipico menu" which was good, but not great. Adding in the wine and water (they gave me an amaro on the house) the bill was 25€ - an excellent value.

1  Thank Capmbad
Reviewed 5 June 2016

My husband and I were exploring the medieval hill top town of Gubbio, Umbria, when we ran in to a "little" restaurant that looked inviting. The owner, dressed in a suit, welcomed us to his restaurant and a young lady took us to our table. From there on it only got better! We ordered a house specialty appetizer with several different kinds of meats and cheese, local of course, and I ordered a luncheon salad and my husband had pizza.
He thought that was the best pizza he had ever had - thin crust with a few ingredients but those ingredients were the most delicious one can find! My salad was fresh and cold. The service was excellent. The place was clean.
A few days later we returned to the restaurant; no disappointments!
Grazie seniore, meraviglioso!