“Suprise Find”
Review of Alla Balestra

Alla Balestra
Ranked #24 of 136 Restaurants in Gubbio
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2016

I am always suprised when I find an excelent value in a tourist town. We found this lovely restraunt through a trip advisor search. The best pizza I have had during my three visits to Italy. My wife had a nice dinner salad that was very fresh and tasty. The facility is spotless with very nice rest rooms. The servers were attentive. My pizza was only 6:50 euros. Quite the value for the cost.

2  Thank nursegregory

Reviewed 16 November 2015

We tried this restaurant our first night in Gubbio. Neither of us had eaten there when we'd been in Gubbio before.

It was fall, so we didn't eat in the garden. But the dining room (the one that we were in) was beautiful, with a view of the garden. It was obviously a popular place, considering how many customers were there each time we ate there.

The staff was friendly, both the wait staff and the manager.

The food was very good (which is why, obviously, we kept going back) and not expensive. Good pizza. The pizza menu is extensive. I asked the manager whether the pizza oven was wood or gas. He said electric, but set up to be like a wood-fired oven. He must be right, because I couldn't tell the difference.

One night my wife had a risotto made with beet root. Delicious!

Oh, they have an extensive wine list but their house wines were just fine.

Great place, good food, good staff.

1  Thank Steven K
Reviewed 16 October 2015 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed the ambience, which during fall was more glass green house than garden. I had the tortellini al brodo (A very bolognese style dish) and my wife had the beet risotto - both were excellent. We ended the meal with a Nutella crepe (pics included). Overall, it was a good meal. A bit pricey for lunch but good none the less.

Reviewed 30 September 2015

We had lunch at Alla Balestra while staying with friends who live near Montone. It was a great choice for a relaxed lunch after sightseeing in the town. We all went for the pasta dishes which were very tasty and washed down with a very enjoyable house white wine. Very professional service and good value. Recommended.

Reviewed 1 September 2015 via mobile

I could write a long review but simply put:

The set menus were brilliant value
The house wine was excellent
The service was excellent
The food was delicious

Outdoors was about hotter than other restaurants outside dining gardens but that's one of those things.

Book to avoid disappointment

A group of 12 with 3-5 courses each, tip, cover charge, water and ample wine worked out at about €25 / head.

Brilliant value.

Try the local/tipici menu or truffle.

Truffle to die for.