“Best Dinner of our Trip!”

Trattoria degli Umbri
Ranked #21 of 251 Restaurants in Assisi
Price range: US$ 21 - US$ 40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

We had been searching for that elusive amazing dinner and found it here in our second week of travel. The owner was a great host and the servers were all working very hard to get everyone what they needed. Remember, you are in Italy and it isn't so much about eat and run, but about the whole experience. It was like we were in their home and they were there to truly serve us. All of our entrees were amazingly delicious. We splurged and had dessert; the panna cotta was to die for. Bellissimo!

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Best food we had during our entire 2-week trip to Italy, Germany and Belgium!! The Lasagna Bianca was absolutely superb, with a white sauce, truffles and delicious sausage on top. The people at the Trattoria were also very friendly and welcoming. We'll eat here on every visit to Assisi. Don't miss this gem conveniently located on Piazza del Comune!!

Reviewed 13 September 2017

First off, the location of the restaurant is beautiful, especially at night. My wife and I got a table outside to enjoy the view. The meal started off great, 2 appetizers and a nice bottle of montefalco. After we finished our appetizers, it took the waitress over an hour and multiple gestures (polite ones) to come back to the table to ask what we wanted next. I had, had my mind set on the lamb from the moment we sat down. When we finally got to order I was informed by a different waiter 15 minutes later that they had sold out of lamb. So I got the pork instead, after waiting now close to 90 minutes just to order our second course. The food came and was delicious. I checked the bill at the end, and they had charged me for both the lamb and pork. Most likely an oversight. It was remedied quickly with a complimentary grappa. I guess the moral of the story here is, amazing food, cheap prices, but when you order put everything in at once to avoid a delayed dinner and missing out on specific items. I do recommend having dinner here.

1  Thank Connor O
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Have been here on a number of occasions over a few years , and never disappointed. From its location would expect it to be "touristy " , but not at all , a exquisite example of simple local cuisine. And first class service , always well looked after. Usually have the fettuccine with juniper berries and lemon ( fantastic ) but this time had the daily special lasagne .. brilliant , unlike any lasagne I have ever had before , followed by a veal steak with truffle and rocket , wonderfully well cooked. The menu benefits from not having too many choices and I would thoroughly recommend eating here. Reservations advisable.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Only had a light salad at lunch, but it was very tasty. Definitely worth going back to - we tried but it was shut!