“Exceptional”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

We arrived tonight a little clueless it turned out about what to expect, but was balled over how perfect the evening ended up being.
Prepare yourself for a dreamy set menu, and a huge variety of local, home-grown and home-made treats. Fantastic value, beautiful food, lovely host called Alessia (excuse me if incorrectly spelt) and generous in every sense of the word.
My husband is a vegetarian, and with each course for us meat eaters, he received a beautiful vegetarian alternative.
Thank you 'Alessia' and the whole team for a memorable evening.
X

Reviewed 9 June 2017

Not easy to find since we parked at the Assisi Parcheggio Saba and with streets parallel and hilly and the temperatures soaring in late May. We ended up reaching it by using the Basilica entrance as a shortcut. At this point, it was the tail end of lunch dining, but we were politely seated in a cooler alcove. Rick Steve's recommendations were ours--gnocchi with gorgonzola and truffle and grilled sausages (excellent). I discovered a way to serve radicchio with walnuts, pecorino cheese and olive/vinegar. I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed all the flavors. My favorite was the chickpea soup, i couldmt put tyhe spoon down. The atmosphere was relaxed and the service attentive.

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

Staying in Assisi over night and had a wonderful dinner. Local wine selection was very good and resonably priced. My wife and I share a ridicio salad and then pasta. The wild boar beat out the sausage but just by a little. Our second courses were good but the pastas dishes overshadowed them. I had more sausage and my wife had a nice chicken dish.
Great service. Very comfortable atmosphere. Reasonable prices. Make dinner reservations if possible. We asked our hotel (thanks agian TripAdvisor ) to call on our behalf. Don't worry about eating too much you will walk it off on the way back to the hotel. Enjoy everything, you are on vacation!

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

The food was amazing. We had an apetizer with local products (different types of hams and cheese), followed by penne alla norcia which were fantastic!
Great and fast services.
Waiters speak good English.