“Good local food”

Ristorante da Cecco
Ranked #37 of 251 Restaurants in Assisi
Price range: US$ 21 - US$ 48
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 22 May 2017

Lunch experience in Assisi. After some long walking up and down through Assisi, we needed a break. On the way to the car park we ended up in Cecco. Nice atmosphere under medieval ceiling and walls. Food is nice, big portions, two pittas are more than enough with some local wine. The Umbria cheeses are a bit overrated.

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Yes my family loved the pasta, the Norcia, but I did not like it-at all!

But for me i ordered the wrong thing!

Reviewed 15 May 2017

We ate here two nights in a row. The stewed pork, potent with olives and juniper berries, was one of the most interesting dishes I have ever tasted. The beef tenderloin was piled high with arugula and Parmesan. The lamb was a quality cut, simple, grilled to perfection and fragrant with rosemary.
Our waitress recommended a great bottle of wine and offered to cap it up so I could take away what was left. It was not a problem to bring back the remainder to drink with my meal the second night.

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

Had dinner here during our trip to Assisi. Very good food, wonderful service, very accommodating and helpful. Nice atmosphere with original stone wall. Enjoyed the sangiovese!

1  Thank jswJacksonville_Fl
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Had our dinner here after attending the liturgy at St Francis Basilica, was the first to walk in when they opened for dinner. Word of advice: reservation is a MUST if you intend to eat here. We saw lots of customers being turned away when they tried walking in at later time (shows how popular they are!).
Menu comes with English descriptions, so it helps for foreigners like me. Ordered one appetizer for sharing, and one main pasta for each of us. Food was great, but it was the tiramisu that blew us out of the water. Wife and I agreed that it was the best tiramisu we had in our entire lives! Honestly would have gone for second round had there been more space in our stomach.
Looking at all the past reviews, can see why some people comes back for multiple visit. Pity that was our last night, else I could see myself coming back every night just for the tiramisu!

1  Thank KampongPotato