“Great food; great atmosphere & view”

Ristorante "Taverna dei Consoli"
Ranked #19 of 251 Restaurants in Assisi
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

We had lunch here with a tour group, so our menu was pre-planned for us. The wait staff was attentive and quick (at least, by Italian standards), and the meal courses were all excellent.
The restaurant is in a great spot, with its entry just a few steps up from the main plaza. Better still, it has a covered outside seating area on a balcony that overlooks the square - for great people watching!

2  Thank Mink52

Reviewed 15 October 2017

We walked through the walled town looking for something other than the usual cafes and were lucky to come across Taverna Dei Consoli.
From the moment we walked into the door the owner greeted us with a warm smile and gave us a choice of where to sit.
The view over the main piazza was one of the best in the town.
The service throughout the evening was faultless, including him explaining and showing choices from the menu.
Nothing was a problem, and the food was delicious.

Highly recommend visiting this restaurant to rest weary legs in the walled city of Assisi.

2  Thank Trish M
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

I make it a point to stop at this restaurant each time I visit Assisi. The food here is that good; it is not to be missed.

This time around, I ordered the homemade veal ravioli with cream and orange sauce (10.5 Euros) the chocolate mousse with whipped cream and hazelnuts (6 Euros) and an aperol spritz (aperol soda and prosecco) (6 Euros) and water (3 Euros.)

The ravioli were absolutely amazing. The sauce was creamy with just a hint of orange flavoring that wasn't the least bit overpowering. The chocolate mousse was thick and fluffy with subtle sweetness. Small cookie chunks were disbursed throughout the mousse. The whipped cream was sprinkled with chopped hazelnuts. The dessert was decadent and really, really good.

As for the spritz, it was a nice refreshing drink on a warm day.

Service was great. I absolutely will come here again when I am in the area. 5 stars.

2  Thank WandaMaria
Reviewed 23 September 2017

They had a nice gluten free selections for my wife. I asked for a different preparation for my pasta and they were very accommodating. The chef came and checked to see if what prepared was to my liking.

We would definitely dine there again when in Assisi.

1  Thank sethavery
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

This is the second time that my family have been in this restaurant, the first was Christmas Eve 2014, the family that owns the restaurant was dining together and was kind enough to let us in and serve us, we ordered the "Gnocchi al gorgonzola i tartufo Nero" and it was simply the best dish that we ever had in Italy, since that day we talk about this dish and how I should writing a review but unfortunately I have forgot the name of the restaurant, but I remembered the location and today after almost 3 years latter we finally went back and ordered the same gnocchi, and it was amazing, not only the dish was even better that what we remembered but the gentility owner remembered us and where we seated. This restaurant is a must in Assisi, the food is amazing, the staff really kind, the inside is cozy and beautiful and the price is really good, especially for quality of the food. For sure we I'll be back here next time we're in town!

2  Thank Yuri C