All reviews swimming pool free parking this family run hotel great view of the city minute walk couple of nights great room fresh fruit hotel is situated perfect location walls
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

I was in Siena for some sightseeing and cycling with friends. Reception on arrival was friendly. My friends had one of the upgraded rooms in the new building by the pool, and I had one of the economy rooms in the older building where the reception desk is located. My room had a great view of Sienna. It was very small and outdated. The older rooms also have thin walls, so it was a little noisy at times, as I could hear other guests in the hallway and outside through the walls. My friends' room was more modern, but not any bigger or any additional amenities, and they had the same view I did of the city.

Breakfast was good. Coffee, breads, croissants, juice, eggs meat&cheese slices, fruit, typical light European-style breakfast. Free parking. About 1 mile walk to the city center. All a good value.

The 1st day we rode our road bikes from the hotel to Monteriggioni and back. As I was carrying my bike to the room, I was reprimanded by the staff that I couldn't keep my $1500 roadbike in the room. I felt really uncomfortable leaving it in my car, although I was assured the parking lot was safe. I've travelled enough to know that bikes get stolen out of cars all the time, so I decided to cut my stay at this hotel short.

It is a good bargain hotel; not anything fancy. I recommend it for seasoned travellers who are not too picky when it comes to accommodations. If a low price, good location, nice staff and free parking are all you are looking for, then this hotel is for you.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank dianaa190
Reviewed 16 October 2017

After a nightmare first night of three planned in an apartment we were desperate to find rooms in a very busy Siena. We certainly landed on our feet at Giardino. Lovely welcome from receptionist at this family run hotel. Clean and modern rooms with perfect views of Siena, constantly changing light. Great breakfast with lots of choice.
Beautiful garden area to relax in and fantastic service from staff from adjoining bar area. We didn't have time for the pool but it looked very inviting. This would be hotel of choice for next visit to our favourite Italian city.

Room tip: Try for a view over city.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2017

Booked an economy room for a night. You get what you book, not too fancy, very simple room with no extras. Location is good to explore Siena, a 10 mins walk to the historic city centre. Breakfast buffet is good. The pool area is nice but was very crowded during our stay, no surprise due to the great sunny weather.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2017

We stayed for one night at this hotel. It is located just outside the city walls, and has parking on site. There is free wifi and air conditioning. The hotel also has a swimming pool but we didn't have time to use it while we were there - it looked very busy. We found the breakfast to be nice, similar to most others in Italy, with fresh fruit, breads, croissants, yogurts, meats and cheese etc - with a great view of the city. The only downside to this hotel is that it is in need of a renovation, it is quite dated and 1980s style. The beds are uncomfortable and hard, the furniture dated, and it is quite basic. The bin in our room hadn't been emptied from the last residents. We didn't have a good view from our room - just of the side street, so I would recommend requesting a nice view.

Room tip: Request nice views
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

Had the best time ever. Hotel with free parking. Lovely room with a gorgeous view of siena. Lovely warm greeting from reception who could not have been more helpful helping us plan our day. Breakfast was also delightful. Roberto & Brona Pietra Ligure

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple