Hotel Santa Caterina
Hotel Athena(Siena)
US$ 494
US$ 472
Agoda.com
B&B Gli Archi(Siena)(Great Value!)
US$ 186
B&B.it
Hotel Garden(Siena)(Great Value!)
US$ 346
US$ 321
Priceline
B&B La Verbena(Siena)(Great Value!)
US$ 139
US$ 134
Siena Hostel Guidoriccio(Siena)(Great Value!)
US$ 58
US$ 53
  • Breakfast included
Podere le vigne(Siena)(Great Value!)
US$ 105
B&B.it
All reviewsporta romanatuscan countrysideminute walksplit levelbeautiful garden areathe hotel staffpastriescity gatebreakfast roomcharming hotelspiral staircasebeautiful viewthe bussitting areathe entire staffan easy walkold city
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Nothing much to look at on the outside.
Great room and views from the back patio

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Metalox
Reviewed 8 May 2012

my second stay in this wonderful place. I would have rated it "excellent", had I not ended up in a room close to the main road. It is a bit noisy, just as, apparently, the rooms to the front of the hotel. Rooms overlooking the garden are a dream.

Stone floors. Large bathroom, large room, esp. for Italian standards. And ah, yes, a rare thing for Italy: a wonderful internet connection, free of extra charge.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank padgoute
Reviewed 2 May 2012

My partner and I planned a wonderful trip to Italy - neither of us had ever really been before. We visited Florence, Siena and Rome. Of all our hotels on the trip, this one was the most lackluster. We chose it based on TripAdvisor reviews - our one disappointment.

I would recommend that you stay here to be in Siena and very close to the medieval city - but not for a wonderful hotel stay. If we returned to Siena, we would find another option. There are a a number of good hotels in and around the medieval city - we saw them walking around.

The staff were very friendly and welcoming. The major issue we had, though, was that we were escorted to our room in the back facing the garden, as requested. When the front desk manager opened the door, I was greeted by an intensely pungent odor, which literally made me gag. And I have a pretty strong stomach and don't react to much. The odor was covered over thinly by a plug-in air freshener. The kind young man who led us to the room clearly could not wait to get out of there as he rushed out as soon as he could see we were settled.

I promptly opened all the windows thinking "Well, we are here in the off-season, maybe we just need to air out the room..."

We headed off to dinner in Siena (a beautiful and easy walk), and when we returned, the odor was as present as ever. It smelled like something died in the room. I knew I would not be able to sleep there, so I went downstairs and asked for a different room. Another front desk manager seemed to know there was an issue because as soon as he saw our room number, he switched us to what I am assuming was their version of a suite (a room with stairs leading up to a bed in a loft), no questions asked.

What is most disturbing is that they seemed to know about the awful, nauseating smell and did nothing and mentioned nothing to us until I asked to be moved.

We moved into the new room and were right next to a very loud family with a toddler. They let their toddler race up and down the halls from about 11pm to 2am screaming, and the walls were thin enough we could hear it like he was in the room. The hotel staff did nothing to quiet the noise, so I just asked the Dad if he could keep it down to a low roar as we were trying to sleep. He nodded and moved the situation into their room, next door to ours, but we could still hear them as the walls are thin and not insulated very well. We just tuned it out best we could.

In the morning we went to breakfast downstairs, which was fine - cold meats and cheeses, cold cereal, and some butter pastries. Being vegan, we couldn't eat much, but we had some cereal mixed with juice, and had coffee and tea, and we were happy. Certainly not the breakfast of the century, though!

Anyway, Sienna was gorgeous and charming and had amazing food, people and shops, so it was worth the lackluster stay for the experience of getting to be in Sienna for two days.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2012

This hotel was very welcoming and relaxing - and the views out the back were just as amazing as the pictures. We stayed in the back of the hotel and to throw open those shutters on a beautiful spring morning was just divine!! The young man who welcomed us couldn't have been any more charming and helpful! The walk to town wasn't as long as I was expecting from the reviews - it was fine and worth it for the view from the garden area in the back!! Parking was only 10 euros which was also appreciated. It was a small room - but that's Italy - just expect that and you will enjoy your stay here. Breakfast was great too - just a lovely relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view in the back if you book early enough and know that in the triple there is a spiral staircase that can be a bit tricky if you get up in the night - but the view is worth it!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2012

This was a lovely place to stay. The staff was extremely helpful couldn't have asked for a more perfect relaxing place to stay. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends