“great location for a stay in Siena”
Review of Hotel Chiusarelli

Hotel Chiusarelli
Ranked #16 of 40 Hotels in Siena
Brisbane, Australia
“great location for a stay in Siena”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

just around the corner from the main bus centre, and good quiet location near the main part of the old city. so perfect for all the attractions and shops.
a good 4 star property, big rooms, lots of marble, clean, spacious bedrooms, big bathrooms ,
Our breakfast was included, and was very good selection.
Overlooks the main soccor stadium which is interesting when a game is being played, front row seats !!.
Staff are delightful and helpful.

Room Tip: If coming up from Florence take a bus over a train as the bus ends up at the top of the hill 100 mt...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Pacific Grove, California
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We stayed one week in a junior suite on the second floor (with access to front balcony) and could not have been more comfortable. Location is as ideal as described by others. We found the breakfast room, and breakfast, to be above average in spaciousness, cleanliness, and choice.
There is no elevator, and the breakfast room is one level down from ground. We are always prepared to carry our own (one piece) of luggage up and down stairs. I would recommend Siena
only for those in adequate physical condition. The cobblestone streets are hilly. All things considered, we found our time in Siena, replete with hill town sightseeing, to be best value in an
entire month of travel in Italy.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Chiusarelli, Direttore at Hotel Chiusarelli, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Dear Guests,
We thank you for your helpfulness and your very positive comment.
We always want to satisfy our customers and guarantee comfort to them, always taking care of every detail of their stay.
We will be glad to host you again in the future!

With our best regards,
Francesca Rosi
Director
McLean, Virginia
Reviewed 28 May 2012

The Hotel Chiusarelli is located a mere 200 meters (approx.) from the bus lot in Siena (bus is the best way to arrive) and is just on the edge of the historic city center. So, convenience and access are strong suits for this property, besides being clean and safe. But what really stands out for me is the staff. Barbara is absolutely amazing. The hotel was recommended to me by an Italian gentleman I met in Florence who was originally from Siena. When I called to make my booking, Barbara was extremely courteous and told me EXACTLY how to get to Siena from Florence, which is to say that she told me where the bus lot was located in Florence, which company to look for (Sita), and which bus to take (Rapide). Impressive. But what really won me over was how she helped me to following day. Unfortunately the hotel was booked full so I could only reserve one night at the Chiusarelli. Barbara said not to worry since there might be a cancellation. Well, there was not a cancellation but instead of sending me on my way, Barbara started calling around to find me an alternative place to stay that was within my budget and close to the bus lot (I had to catch the 7:30am bus). And this was after she spent some effort that morning helping me find the best way to get back up to Verona, checking out different train and bus routes and options (schedules are all in Italian, which I do not speak). I travel a lot and, usually, quite spontaneously. And while most places I encounter are friendly and courteous, Barbara goes far beyond the norm, and for that I am extremely grateful. Grazie Mille!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Will M
Blacksburg VA
Reviewed 26 May 2012

This is a lovely boutique hotel with mostly superb service. The location is great, being just outside the old walled city, yet so close to public transport. The breakfast was a surprising value, with a quite copious selection of drinks and food. The front staff is very patient and there is no language barrier for those non-native speakers. I highly recommend the overall value and excellently located gem of a find. If you are not even moderately fit, then the stairs may seem to you a bit of an onerous barrier, but then maybe if you are burdened by slight inconveniences, you should stay in a chain hotel,and yet miss the immersing experience of the local culture and history.

Room Tip: Great value.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Greenville, Texas
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Yes, location was great - easy access to the historical city center and sites, and at first look was quite pleasing to the eye. Unfortunately, that is where the "good" ended. We booked 2 rooms months before our departure for Italy, and after reading some of the unfavorable reviews, I sent an inquiry to the hotel to clarify the issue of not having an elevator and luggage assistance as we were traveling with a frail 80 year old lady. I also requested the possibility of a room for her on a lower floor if both issues were confirmed especially considering our late evening train arrival. I received a "we always have luggage assistance" email response. Of course we had prepaid our stay and had little latitude with cancellation and other hotel availability, so we took our chances. Well, my worst fears were confirmed...4th floor rooms (with the dining room 2 flights down from the lobby!) making the climb once daily totally exhausting for my mom. She spent most of the second day in the room as she dreaded the climb! And rude man at the desk upon our arrival did LITTLE to assist with bags....believe he carried 2 hand bags and we hauled the rest...enough for 5 adults. THE LEAST THE HOTEL CAN DO IS STATE THERE IS NO ELEVATOR ON THEIR WEBSITE!!!!!! I can appreciate the historical value of the building, etc., but at least warn people! I will also agree with the unavailability of food and clean tables at breakfast. All the tables were Marked as "not for breakfast", "reserved" or still needed to be cleared! I will neither stay at this hotel again nor recommend it to anyone traveling to Siena.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family