“Loved Franco's Tour!”

Franco Wine Tour Experience
Ranked #6 of 31 Food & Drink in Siena
More attraction details
Owner description: Franco Fadda Tours & Activities Snc is a fully licensed and insured Italy-based Travel Agency. You're staying in Siena and want to dedicate a day touring the wine regions?! Spend the day in the company of a local wine passionate and perhaps with a few other wine travelers.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Went on a wine tour with Franco in the Brunello region. We had a fantastic day - went to 2 great wineries and had a delicious lunch! He also stopped at a couple different places for us to take pictures.

Franco is very knowledgeable about the wine and the region. He is also very funny and makes the day very enjoyable! I definitely recommend a wine tour with Franco!

Date of experience: July 2013
in 13 reviews
"tuscan lunch"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 7 July 2013

My husband and I were on our honeymoon and were incredibly excited for our first trip to Tuscany and a wine tour we had booked in the Chianti region with Franco on June 28. We were not disappointed! As wine lovers (living close to Sonoma) looking for a unique experience, this met all our expectations. Franco was knowledgeable about all the wineries, laid back and flexible throughout the day. We visited two castle wineries, but my favorite part might have been lunch. We stopped in a small town of about 40 people, and ate at this charming village restaurant. Everything all day is taken care of, and my husband and I split a bottle of wine and has delicious Bruschetta and pasta. It felt like a genuine Italian lunch, not something touristy or contrived. We also LOVED visiting Franco's friend Ricardo at his very small winery. Off the beaten path, I'm guessing most of the visitors are from Franco - this is not a tourist destination. You'll not likely find his wine in the US, so we felt like we had discovered something special and took 2 bottles of wine (terrific, affordable) and a bottle of Grappa. The whole day was wonderful - thank you Franco!!

Date of experience: June 2013
2  Thank KatieWalsh
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Franco, so glad to see you're still doing the wine tours. We so enjoyed the one you took us on. Will never forget that glorious lunch we had. My husband and I will definitely look you up on our next visit to Italy. For anyone reading this--don't miss out on Franco's wine tours.

Date of experience: August 2012
1  Thank maryann w
Reviewed 3 July 2013

My husband and I booked a private wine tour to the Brunello di Monticello region, and had the most wonderful time with Franco Fadda!!!! Franco picked us up at our villa and from there, we enjoyed the most amazing wine, food, and conversation. We learned a lot during the personal tours of the wineries - it felt like we got extra special treatment because of Franco. And - did I mention the food? He took us to an incredible restaurant, I don't know if I've had better pasta in my life!! We would hands-down recommend this tour to anyone who is looking for a fun-filled day exploring Tuscany.

Date of experience: June 2013