“Lovely place, great for exploring Tuscany”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
HolidayFa...
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Lovely place, great for exploring Tuscany”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed here along with our 10 month old baby. The owners were very accommodating, providing a travel cot for our daughter which she found very comfortable. We chose the apartment due to it's location in the heart of Tuscany and proximity to Siena, Florence and Pisa. This enabled us to explore all three cities, plus the Chianti region and historical towns such as Volterra and San Gimingiano. The resort itself is quite remote so having a car is essential. I would say the location is perfect for exploring Tuscany as most areas can be reached within an hour / hour and half.
The owners met us at the apartment and provided us with maps and all the information we needed about where to find the supermarket and places to visit.
We catered for ourselves every evening as we have a baby. The apartment had nearly everything we needed but was missing a few basic things in the kitchen such as a kettle, can opener, potato peeler and sharp knives. There are however facilities such as a microwave and dishwasher which was really useful.
The apartment did have free wifi but this was quite slow and only available when sitting in the garden (fine if the weather is good).
We had one small hitch with the toilet but contacted the owner and it was fixed on the same day.

Liked best: The location
Liked least: Missing a few basic items in the kitchen
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Older travelers
CO
Reviewed 14 November 2013 for a stay in October 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
Cesargb1
Argentona, Spain
“Wonderfull holidays”
Reviewed 30 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013

We spent 10 days in La Casetta del Borgo and everything was perfect.

Tania and Paolo are very kind and they offer all the facilities and information needed.

The situation is good and very calm, near San Gimignano (15 min). In Montaione (10 min) there is a supermarket where you can buy all the things you need to cook.
It is a good point to visit Siena, Florence, Chianti route, Volterra and other wonderfull villages.
There is a very good restaurant in the Borgo Complex, we had the dinner a couple of nights.
La casetta has one bedroom and a saloon-kitchen with a sofa-cama. All is very clean and well decorated. We missed some comodities like micro-wave oven and dishwasher, but we didn't mind.
And the most important for the children, three swiming pools!!

Thanks Tania and Paolo.

Cesar and family

Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Toronto
Reviewed 21 June 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
hikarunog...
Toronto
“Perfect base to see all that Tuscany has to offer”
Reviewed 14 June 2013 for a stay in May 2013

La Casetta del Borgo was the perfect location for my recent trip to Tuscany with my wife. The unit is located in a resort with plenty of amenities including two pools and a very nice tennis court with faux grass that can be used for a small fee. It is a 10 minute drive to Montaione where one can go for dinner or buy groceries to cook in the unit's kitchen. All the necessary utensils are available to do some home cooking and I enjoyed a number of home cooked dinners and a delicious breakfast every morning thanks to my lovely wife. The main resort building has a restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, however I didn't try it out so I can't say anything about it.

Paolo, the owner, was a pleasure to deal with. I was having trouble finding the location with my GPS so Paolo had me meet him at his home which is just off the highway from Florence and very easy to find. To ensure that I found it with no problem Paolo drove to the resort while I followed . Once at the resort he had the keys, a nice bottle of wine, and plenty of info about the local area ready for me. Since he knew that I had the flu he even had some flu medication for me in case I needed it! The weather was unseasonably cold when we arrived and the bedding wasn't sufficient, but Paolo came to the rescue and drove over in the rain with more blankets for us. You'll be hard pressed to find a better host at this type of vacation rental.

The location was perfect for us as it was very quiet, yet was within easy driving distance of many towns and cities in Tuscany. Smaller towns like Montaione and San Gimignon were within a 10-20 minute drive and Florence, Pisa, Lucca and Sienna were all within an hours scenic drive. If driving into Florence remember that free parking can be found at the Piazzale Michelangelo which is located outside of the ZTL and is a short walk to the Ponte Vecchio, Uffizi and other old city sites. The views are also magnificent!

The only down sides were that wi-fi wasn't strong enough in the unit and I couldn't get any English programming on the TV. For internet I had to take a short walk over to the main building and hang out in the lounge to check my mail and such. This wasn't a big chore and also meant I could order up a beer or glass of wine to enjoy while surfing. As for the TV it was no big deal. When one is on vacation one should probably take a break from TV anyway. I did end up watching a number of shows in Italian and picked up a few words so the lack of English programming was educational :-)

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this property to others.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Lounging in the sun in the garden in front of the unit.
Liked least: Lack of wi-fi access in the unit itself.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing