“Hard to find, worth looking for”
Review of Da Balestra

Da Balestra
Ranked #9 of 154 Restaurants in Piombino
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 November 2015 via mobile

We where visiting Piombino just for a day, and at lunch time ran a quick search for a good place to eat. Da Balestra seemed interesting, and while we found it a bit difficult to locate - or was it just us? - it was well worth some extra walking around the blocks. The restaurant was very cosy. The waiter (owner?) was most friendly and took time to explain the extensive menu of a day in detail in English. We had antipasto di terra, homemade ravioli with ragu, Baccala alla Livornese and grilled fish (forgot which one...). Everything was very tasty and well made, and the prices were very reasonable. We would definitely visit Da Balestra again.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Da Balestra

Reviewed 11 September 2015 via mobile

I frequently pass my vacation in Val di Cornia, this time I tried to discover a new restaurant in this area. Da Balestra is in the really nice historical city center of Piombino. I was there with my family being really surprised for the overall quality of this small restaurant. We got pasta and main course with fish both very well cooked and displayed while my children chose pasta and home made ravioli with the best ragu' I've ever eaten. The atmosphere was very pleasant and friendly. I really suggest to go there!

Reviewed 7 July 2015 via mobile

This is the real deal! If you are looking for an authentic Tuscan experience, this is the place to come. Not an Italian "plastic-tourist-trap" but really authentic all the way! Expect a warm welcoming restaurant, which makes you feel like home, this is like being in a private home where you are treated as a real guest! Great food and great service, not forgetting the wine! We got an excellent antipasto and second dish and that was quite enough! Big portions of great quality. The best of it all was the experience, atmosphere and setting. When you walk on the street outside, it doesn't seem like being a fantastic restaurant but as soon as we entered, we felt the magic this place creates. The passion from the owner was a pleasure to feel, and it's clear that he loves what he is doing. We are definitely coming back!

Reviewed 25 December 2014

Definitely a great restaurant! I've been eating here a couple of times and both I've been really satisfied of the quality of the food - my colleagues also appreciated.
The waiter has been kind and helpful for translating all the menu to the foreigners and to explain recipes and preparation of the various dishes. Portions have been quite abundant, therefore it is advisable not to take too many courses. Ravioli are handmade by the cook, savory and delicious with every kind of sauce. Second courses vary according to the day, thus I suggest to ask to the waiter for advice.
I strongly suggest to give a try to this restaurant, the best in Piombino as far as I know!

Reviewed 5 October 2014

Very good quality food and wine at a very reasonable price. The menu changes often and the owner will explain it to you. They have a large selection of food and they are very flexible to meet your request. This is definitely my favorite restaurant in Piombino. It has been for years and has never disappointed me.