“Fantastic ”

Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 July 2015 via mobile

The service was outstanding, the pappardelle really advisable, fantastic taste of home cooking and the beer that was advised was really good. As an entry we had a mozzarella, some eggplant and cherry tomatoes which tasted as if they came from a private vegetable garden.
Will go back on my next trip here...this place is a must.

1  Thank Moritz H

Reviewed 7 July 2015

Expected more after other reviews. I had the pork medallions ( 3 or 4 small circles) which were cooked nicely, but were only served with 3 tiny onions ......I'd also asked for potato, which was served as half a jacket with a little cheese on top. Husband had beef (steak) with salad.....too pink for him despite asking for it well done. Most expensive meal of the week! Waitress chatted to other guests. ( Americans etc) ....made no effort to talk to us...because we are English or around 60 years old??

Reviewed 5 July 2015 via mobile

This was a great find but I think maybe we expected a little more. The starters (we had caprese and the soufflé) were fantastic - and very generous portions.

For main, my girlfriend had pork and I had the hamburger. The pork was delicious but could have come with more sauce as the whole dish was a little dry, but not overly so. I was expecting the hamburger to be a standard 'burger in a bun' but it was in fact a burger on its own with spinach and potato - although not what I thought I ordered, it was very tasty.

The service was okay, but the single waitress seemed overworked. We were given no plates with the bread and olive oil, then told off for getting oil on the table cloth! My burger turned up 5-10 minutes after the pork because my order had been forgotten.

Reviewed 26 June 2015 via mobile

We went looking for this restaurant specifically after reading the reviews here. We reserved a table and it was Ready for us when We arrived.
The food was delicious - but I have to say that the service was nothing less than outstanding! We hit a few bumps - primarily due to our own lack of communication - and the female waiter was eager to please and make sure, that We were happy. Best service in a long time!
Must recommend the risotto with shrimp, gorgonzola and orange cest. Sounds Odd - but Works magnificantly!

Reviewed 23 June 2015

Searching for something quiet and a nice place to eat we came across this place. It is behind the Main Street so look out for the sign put out on the Main Street. It is small, intimate and very cosy. The staff (all seemingly family) were so accommodating. They just wanted to go that extra yard to serve us. We discussed the menus and they seemed so at ease making recommendations, based of course on our likes and dislikes. Note here, try the apricot beer. Yes apricot. It was amazing. As a beer drinker I was blown away. When the food arrived it was piping hot and so tasty it defies description. We love Italian food and have eaten all over the country North to South. This little restaurant must fit in the top three places we have dined. Truly magnificent and well worth a visit. We went a la carte but the business lunch looked delicious too. Go there, you will not be disappointed. The little free liquor was accompanied by genuine conversation and interest by the lovely waitress. FAB.

1  Thank C H