“Best Restaurant in Pisa”
Review of Peperosa

Peperosa
Ranked #22 of 988 Restaurants in Pisa
Price range: US$ 19 - US$ 44
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian, Mediterranean, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 8 February 2015

We sought Peperosa out as we had read the reviews on Tripadvisor and wanted to find the backstreet food establishments instead of the ones the line the main roads. We didn't make a reservation in advance, but we were seated straight away where we liked. Seriously not disappointed. I had seafood for my main course and it was delicious, my friend has a pasta and tomato dish which she said was equally delicious.

Our waiter didn't speak much English, but we got by using a translator app on my phone and he was exceptionally patient with us as we did this. He also gave us complimentary Limoncello and wine at the end of our meal which was a nice touch. We did not pay a huge amount for our meal so I felt it was very good for value.

Thoroughly impressed, definitely go here if you want a lovely authentic Italian restaurant.

4  Thank Yua_san

Reviewed 22 January 2015

Booked a table through facebook after reading reviews - Firstly was seated by the door even though there were other tables available, didnt say anything assuming, because of reviews, they were all booked up - not so. Had the sharing platter of meats and cheese to start - have had better at small ostellerias around and about Pisa. My husband ordered steak Medium which came rare and grisley and covered with enough water cress for 6 people, obviously to cover the sub standard steak. My niece also ordered steak which came rare and blood and as she said at the time she doesnt mind a bit of blood, but not swimming in it, I ordered a past dish of bacon/ham pecorinno and cream which came with raisins - never seen the like before. Did he see us coming, I think so, not good at all, cannot recommend anything about this restaurant. Cost was over 100 euros for sub standard food.

2  Thank gaynorfisher
Reviewed 15 December 2014

The service was attentive, professional and warm. We were both surprised and happy to get a small glass of Proseco to welcome us. The food was very good: the tagliatelle with cinghiale ragu was gorgeous, and the dish with pasta, scorpionfish and mussels was good although slightly overwhelming of garlic. A glass of their very nice white house wine made it all good. At the end of the meal, we were again offered a small drink: the nicest homemade limoncello. Overall a great experience in a relax and friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed 14 November 2014

First off, I was able to make a reservation by sending them a Facebook message! When I arrived they sat me, offered me prosecco and gave me a free small taste (beef carpaccio) while I looked over the menu. The food was really delicious - I had the steak with pistachio and balsamic and I'm still drooling thinking about it. They brought me limoncello to end the meal (also free), and it was the good stuff. The restaurant filled up on a Tuesday night, so I recommend making a reservation. The menu is in Italian, but I did hear the waiter explain to the one other table of tourists there what they were offering, so don't worry if your Italian isn't up to snuff. I highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed 3 November 2014 via mobile

We came in the first time by accident whil travelling Pisa. We have been thrilled by the quality of the food and the very special service!
That meant for us, we have to come back. Some months later we came back to Pisa just for Peperosa! And again a PERFECT evening. We definetly recommend this place!!!! But as it is small make sure to have a reservation and keep in mind that Italians dine quite late in comparison to other countries!