“Supermarket frozen pizza”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

I never thought I'd be served a frozen pizza in italy of all places. Upon first seeing the €10 seafood mushroom pizza I knew it wasn't good quality it was too thick for an italian homemade pizza and the ingredients looked very poor.

Then cutting it was the next sign as even with a steak knife it was difficult to cut all the way through the rock hard base and crust.

Then when trying to eat, it was tough and chewy dough when not cold in the middle or hard on the outside. The exact same texture and taste of a supermarket frozen pizza!

I have now learnt my lesson that you should always check trip advisor before picking a place to eat as reviews unearth dodgy restaurants such as this one. I am not the only disappointed customer that has bern served a frozen pizza judging by the other reviews. I am extremely disappointed I have to write this review, who knew you would have to scope out good pizza in Italy of all places? Waste of time and money. Definitely avoid.

1  Thank Teagan L

Reviewed 21 May 2017

Nice little place, and great smooth jazz CD playing when we were there. We both enjoyed our meal very much. My partner had the mixed seafood & I had a fish so big that my partner had to help me eat it! Returned the following night and again had a great meal.

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

Best pizza I've had in Italy so far
I ordered pizza margarita and it was for only 5 euros
Waiters are extremely nice too

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Only in Pisa for one night, we were hoping to make our meal memorable. We were given recommendations for a few places but they didn't open until 7:30 pm - I know that's not late but we were traveling all day and had barely eaten so we decided to just eat at the first open place we could find. So glad Antico Caffe was open! We had a lovely meal and ended up chatting a long time with the owner, Gigi. He's wonderful! After traveling outside Pisa for 10 days, we had to stop briefly in Pisa for an hour so we ran in to say hello. Not only did Gigi remember us, he greeted us with hugs and kisses and a lemoncello!

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

The pizza seems to be bought frozen in the supermarket, it came cold in the middle and had a terrible taste. Worst food I tried in Italy, avoid this place! I Could no it..