“Authentic Tuscan Lunch”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Went as a group of seven to celebrate a special birthday. Lovely restaurant, nice and informal with bread in brown bags on the table. Service a tad brusque and not very friendly, but the excellent pasta makes up for that. Full of locals. A great find given the many poor quality tourist traps that surround the leaning tower.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

A small restaurant on an unprepossessing side street gave us one of our most memorable meals on this trip. The place was filled with Italians and we were a bit worried about our inability to translate the menu - this is not your 'pizza margarita' kind of place. But with help from the waiter, we selected an amazing meal of local Italian dishes. Pici pasta was melt in the mouth delicious, under the heartiest carbonara sauce I have ever eaten. The highlights were the two rabbit dishes - stuffed and fried - in huge rustic size portions, but as delicious as would be served in a Michelin-starred restaurant back home.

Service was slightly slow but hey, we were on holiday!

Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

We went to La Taverna di Emma on the recommendation of our hotel. It was wonderfully atmospheric, with lovely food. The waiter was very patient & talked us through the menu. He also picked us a beautiful bottle of red wine to accompany the meal. Only minor hitch was the fact the mains came out when we had barely finished the starter, would have been nice to take our time.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

The first time I came here (see my previous review) it was the best meal out I'd ever had in Italy. That was still true the second time, in September last year. The third time was two weeks ago, and it was painfully disappointing. Having had two excellent experiences I'd booked it for my aunt and uncle as well as myself and my mother, so it was shocking and quite embarrassing when the waiter treated us with rudeness and contempt. Usually when I come here we receive a warm welcome and somebody comes over and happily translates the heavily Italian menu without being asked, but on the night we went the waiter grudgingly came over when we caught his attention, and when we asked him to translate the menu he simply impatiently pointed out which dishes were starters, mains, and desserts, then tuned his back on us. I mean, that much was obvious, we're not stupid; we're just not fluent Italian speakers! We struggled with our basic Italian to choose what to order but immediately we felt unwelcome and the evening had got off to a bad start.

When he took our order the waiter was equally rude; he was openly impatient with us, so much so that he started grabbing everyone's menus before I'd even ordered my food! I had to interrupt him to remind him that I would like to order something too, and gave him my order which he repeated back to me, and then sat like a fool 15 minutes later while the others were served their food and I was served nothing because the waiter had forgotten my order and didn't find it odd when serving us that one person on the table didn't have any food. My carbonara was delicious, but less enjoyable seeing as it eventually arrived 25 minutes later after everyone else had finished their meals (and after having to remind the waiter twice).

As usual the food of all three courses was excellent, but the service ruined what should have easily been the best meal of the trip. I left disappointed and embarrassed after recommending this restaurant to my family, and would not recommend this restaurant again.

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

Try the rabbit meals, the very good pasta, and the take away home made bread...deliziozo!!! Best to serve the lunch on a sunny afternoon...the wine collection is also great!