“Superb. ”

Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The bistro of my dreams is the little tiny restaurant; it’s the cute shop where you can go for a coffee or a glass of wine. It’s a place where you can eat the traditional Italian dish, sip a good wine and meet your people. It’s a place where you can chat while eating spaghetti, while learning secrets, sipping a “brunello”, or a grappa while listening to music or reading a book. Where love gets done and undone. And coffee. Where you’re early and it gets late. Here you are in my home. You are my guests and friends among friends. Here is my piano and my guitar, my books, my music; here’s the best recipe my mom gave me, and some biscotti and my grandpa’s Vinsanto wine.
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

We went here based on Trip Advisor reviews and location. It was wonderful. We have had many meals in Italy. This is one of the best. We had all courses and all were superb. Whatever you try we believe you will not be disappointed. The pork with Gorgonzola was our favorite among the second course. The pici with pears and pecorino and the ravioli with pesto and hazelnuts were equally excellent first course choices. We even splurged for dessert. We had the tiramisu which was unique and very good and the Millefoile with coconut and chocolate which was excellent. Most of all, the service was exceptional. We went early and the restaurant happily seated us to have our meal before those who reserved the tables. The waitresses we had, both of whom were in Pisa studying at the University, were exceptionally friendly and professional. In addition to being prompt and efficient in their work, they shared recommendations for our travels and a bit about what it is like studying in Italy. And, the setting. We sat in the piazza and enjoyed the children playing, the birds chirping and the passers by. We would go here again next time we are in Pisa.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

Used previous Trip Advisor reviews to find this. Glad we did. We sat in the little square and were served by a lovely Italian girl who was studying Law at Pisa University. The food was excellent and there was a good choice. We ate early and had phoned to book as by the time we left there were no tables left. We shared a mixed platter starter and then both had the pork dish with extra potatoes and kidney beans. With a bottle of wine and desert the bill was 77E.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

After a disastrous dinner the previous evening in Pisa, our dining experiences were remedied by a wonderful evening with an outside table at this bistro. The square itself was full of life, the steaks were unbelievable value and well cooked, and accompanied by a great wine recommendation. Service was attentive. A great place for a dinner in the open.

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

Somebody told me that there weren't good places to have dinner in Pisa. Absolutely wrong! Here you are an excellent one with very reasonable price and best service. Congratulations!

1  Thank Eladio L
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

On a recent stop over we decided to eat at Il Bistrot. Upon arrival we thought the atmosphere was really nice and homely. The restaurant seats about 24 and it was nearly full. We sat down and ordered drinks obviously my wife ordered an Aperol Spritzer and I had beer. We ordered our food which was really nice and the whole night was really relaxing and I would say give it a go

1  Thank Andrew G