Relais Sassetti Bed and Breakfast
US$ 97
US$ 92
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 106/night.

US$ 154
US$ 149
Orbitz.com
BBC Christian Bed&Breakfast(Pisa)(Great Value!)
US$ 81
  • Bar/Lounge
US$ 131
US$ 127
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 145/night.

US$ 394
US$ 311
getaroom.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscourtyard gardenyogurtleaning towerplace to staya wonderful staycentral locationwould definitely stay here againtrain stationcinque terrefionaapartmentflorencetaxiearplugssights
Reviewed 16 June 2012

We stayed in the Well Room at the Relais Sassetti in June while the temperatures were about 24-26 degrees Celsius. We were fairly comfortable at night temperature wise. We left a couple of small very high windows slightly open which unfortunately let in some mosquitos but Simona had very considerately equipped the room with some sort of electronic mosquito repellant which made a good difference. The room was clean, well laid out, and nicely stocked with amenities. Most of our time was spent out of our room but I was amazed at how quiet it was at night. The gentle hum of the local nightlife was thoroughly kept out and never interrupted our sleep. The daily housekeeping was thorough but never intrusive. The location of the B&B is really advantageous. There are some fantastic local restaurants nearby, places to wash your clothes if you're staying awhile, and all of the tourist attractions are easily walkable. Simona was so informative and friendly to talk with and arranged breakfasts for us each morning. We feel really lucky to have been able to stay here in this amazingly personable, comfortable, and friendly place.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Arriving at Relais Sassetti in early May felt like coming home. A year ago we had stayed in the Well Room for two nights. We had enjoyed Relais Sassetti and Pisa so much that we reserved the Lions apartment (named for the stone lions in the courtyard) for two weeks this year. Simona warmly greeted us and helped us with our luggage. Because there is a well equipped little kitchen in the apartment and a bread bakery and pastry shop near by, we chose to prepare our own breakfasts rather than be served the lovely continental breakfasts we enjoyed last year.

The Lions apartment is spacious and tastefully furnished with a mix of lovely antiques, including antique prints, and modern, comfortable furniture, such as the couch and the bed. We appreciated the Wi-Fi; we found the signal strongest while seated on the couch or outdoors.

Because the weather had been cool and was expected to continue that way for several days, we asked Simona if heat was available. Simona adjusted the heat so that it was very comfortable for us during our entire stay.

With regard to the noise that a guest reported, we did hear noise from the street below the bedroom on a Friday and Saturday night. The second night, I used the earplugs, which worked well; my husband did not need to use them. We heard very little noise on other nights and last year, when staying in the Well Room, we heard no noise.

Having rented apartments many times in Italy, we were surprised and pleased to receive housekeeping services every two or three days during our stay.

This historic, Renaissance palazzo with its large vaulted entry way and the courtyard combined with all the modern conveniences in both the Well Room and The Lions apartment, along with Simona's hospitality and the superb housekeeping, make Relais Sassetti a lovely place to stay. It's location on beautiful Via San Francesco with cafes and restaurants nearby is ideal for visiting the city on foot. We are already planning a return trip to Pisa and Relais Sassetti next year.

Room Tip: Both are excellent. The apartment is comfortable for two or more, especially for a longer stay. The kitchenette is well stocked and very pretty. I loved the sparkle of flecks in the soft grey quartz (I believe) countertops, visible in low light.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2012

This was my first trip to Pisa and staying at Relais Sassetti was everything I hoped for plus! It is centrally located in Pisa, in a charming neighborhood and, as other reviews have pointed out, a short walk to many of the sites. There are neighborhood restaurants and coffee shops within a few hundred feet, and a main area/shopping center within a few blocks.

Simona Rossi was a wonderful hostess. Each day she served breakfast when I requested -- I had as schedule that had me getting up and out at different times. You'd expect she would be able to recommend places to tour in Pisa, but she also was knowledgeable about where to go cycling. She suggested roads leading out of Pisa along the local aqueduct that were beautiful, smooth and fun to ride.

My room was clean, comfy bed and good shower. The courtyard in the center of the B&B is very nice, and the lemon tree while not large is a nice touch. Another plus was the WiFi. I needed to work while here and the bandwidth/speed was excellent (better than the hotel I stayed at in London!).

One last plus -- there is a very nice movie theater (Odeon) up the street and around the corner. I caught Woody Allen's new movie "To Rome with Love."

I highly recommend staying here and look forward to a return visit!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Peter V
Reviewed 26 April 2012 via mobile

Stayed at Relais Sassetti for four nights in April. The location is great right in the centre of town so access to everything is just a short walk. The apartment is very clean and well looked after and Simona is very welcoming. Our first night was a Friday and the noise in the Lion apartment was unbelievably loud, there is street running right outside the window and the next two nights were so loud I understood what the two pairs of ear plugs on the dresser were for!
Saturday night was terrible noise too, Sunday wasn't as bad and Monday was quiet. I do appreciate this is a town centre apartment but feel you should know just how noisy it is before booking. The only other thing I would say is that the apartment was chilly and as much as we tried to use the heating we couldn't feel warm. On a plus side Simona is very nice and brought me honey and lemon when I woke up with a cold on the third morning but I feel not sleeping for two night and feeling cold all the time didn't really help.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Midwife67
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We had a great stay here. The lyons apartment had loads of space and our hosts provided everything we needed for out daughter cot/highchair/toys in the house and in the garden - we really weren't expecting this so it was a great added bonus! Recommend this B & B and Pisa as a great place to visit. Ideally would have liked some extra coffee and fruit at breakfast - but that's being picky!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family