All reviews courtyard garden yogurt an oasis of calm leaning tower place to stay a wonderful stay central location b and b cinque terre tortoises fiona apartment florence comfort earplugs sights
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Lovely apartment. We had a marvellous stay here. The owners were very friendly and helpful. It is clean, quiet and charming. The lemon trees add something special too!

Date of stay: February 2012
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We stayed at Relais Sassetti for three nights with our 18 month old son. We occupied the Lions apartment, which is lovingly furnished and kept in immaculate condition. It includes a kitchenette and dining area, which is perfect if your little ones make going out for dinner difficult. Simona keeps the place in great shape and is a very attentive host. She brought out lots of soft toys in the apartment and some outdoors equipment, too, which our son adored. He also enjoyed running about and watching the tortoises in the courtyard.
There are numerous nice restaurants in the immediate vicinity and all sights are within walking distance. Pisa is worth a lot more than just the usual one-day visit and we had just about the perfect base for our stay.

Room tip: The well room is better if you are travelling as a couple, but the lions apartment is great for a family.
Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Our family stayed in the Lions Apartment in August 2011. We had a wonderful visit to Pisa made all the more special by staying at the Relais Sassetti. It felt like a true Italian experience. The apartment was very clean and comfortable and Simona is a lovely, friendly host.Nothing was too much trouble and she provided us with maps,tourist info, train times and booked a taxi for us on our departure. We really enjoyed our breakfasts of fresh pastries, fruit and yoghurts served in the courtyard every morning. The children ( age 7 yrs and 11 yrs) enjoyed playing table tennis, darts and watching the tortoises roaming around. The location is ideal for exploring, right in the centre of old Pisa. It was about 15 minutes walk to the Leaning Tower passing other landmarks on the way. Thankyou Simona for sharing your home and for a memorable and relaxing stay.

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa P
Reviewed 27 January 2012

After reading all the positive reviews about this B&B we decided to take a shot and see for ourselves. Quiet, tranquil, authentic and very comforting, my wife and I were able to finally unplug and just enjoy being together in that relaxing little corner of such a soothing and historic masterpiece. The building in and of itself (from the 1300's I believe) makes you feel like you belong to something much bigger and more profound than just a regular hotel or modern B&B. The service is very attentive and the accommodations very clean and orderly. We really weren't in lack of anything, which is such a nice feeling when you're traveling and on the go. I'd recommend the Relais Sassetti to anyone who wants to enrich their vacation and create memories in a unique and special place that will make it hard for you to return home after!

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at Relais Sassetti last year during my trip to Italy. I cannot say enough about this bella B & B located in Pisa. I came across Relais Sassetti when searching on the tripadvisor website. I booked immediately due partly because of the excellent reviews, the accommodation website, and because I was looking for a small B & B that provided the true Italian experience. Simona's hospitality was lovely and she was very helpful, even offering to book a taxi for my departure if I required one. Simona provided maps of Pisa and sightseeing advice as well. I had the joy of staying in the Well Room and having access to the lovely courtyard...a piece of paradise. The breakfast in the courtyard or outside the Well Room was devine with fresh pastries and delicious caffe. The location in Pisa was excellent. I highly recommend staying at Relais Sassetti for anyone who wants to experience the real Italy, rather than just another hotel room.

Room tip: I had the pleasure of staying in the Well Room which included a large bed with ensuite, and was ideal for singles or couples. I also had the opportunity of touring the apartment which has a kitchenette and would suit either couples or families.
Date of stay: May 2011