Relais Sassetti Bed and Breakfast
  • Room Service
Helvetia(Pisa)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscourtyard gardenyogurtleaning towerplace to staya wonderful staycentral locationwould definitely stay here againtrain stationcinque terrefionaapartmentflorencetaxiearplugssights
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We stayed at Relais Sassetti for three nights with our 18 month old son. We occupied the Lions apartment, which is lovingly furnished and kept in immaculate condition. It includes a kitchenette and dining area, which is perfect if your little ones make going out for dinner difficult. Simona keeps the place in great shape and is a very attentive host. She brought out lots of soft toys in the apartment and some outdoors equipment, too, which our son adored. He also enjoyed running about and watching the tortoises in the courtyard.
There are numerous nice restaurants in the immediate vicinity and all sights are within walking distance. Pisa is worth a lot more than just the usual one-day visit and we had just about the perfect base for our stay.

Room Tip: The well room is better if you are travelling as a couple, but the lions apartment is great for a family.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Our family stayed in the Lions Apartment in August 2011. We had a wonderful visit to Pisa made all the more special by staying at the Relais Sassetti. It felt like a true Italian experience. The apartment was very clean and comfortable and Simona is a lovely, friendly host.Nothing was too much trouble and she provided us with maps,tourist info, train times and booked a taxi for us on our departure. We really enjoyed our breakfasts of fresh pastries, fruit and yoghurts served in the courtyard every morning. The children ( age 7 yrs and 11 yrs) enjoyed playing table tennis, darts and watching the tortoises roaming around. The location is ideal for exploring, right in the centre of old Pisa. It was about 15 minutes walk to the Leaning Tower passing other landmarks on the way. Thankyou Simona for sharing your home and for a memorable and relaxing stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa P
Reviewed 27 January 2012

After reading all the positive reviews about this B&B we decided to take a shot and see for ourselves. Quiet, tranquil, authentic and very comforting, my wife and I were able to finally unplug and just enjoy being together in that relaxing little corner of such a soothing and historic masterpiece. The building in and of itself (from the 1300's I believe) makes you feel like you belong to something much bigger and more profound than just a regular hotel or modern B&B. The service is very attentive and the accommodations very clean and orderly. We really weren't in lack of anything, which is such a nice feeling when you're traveling and on the go. I'd recommend the Relais Sassetti to anyone who wants to enrich their vacation and create memories in a unique and special place that will make it hard for you to return home after!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at Relais Sassetti last year during my trip to Italy. I cannot say enough about this bella B & B located in Pisa. I came across Relais Sassetti when searching on the tripadvisor website. I booked immediately due partly because of the excellent reviews, the accommodation website, and because I was looking for a small B & B that provided the true Italian experience. Simona's hospitality was lovely and she was very helpful, even offering to book a taxi for my departure if I required one. Simona provided maps of Pisa and sightseeing advice as well. I had the joy of staying in the Well Room and having access to the lovely courtyard...a piece of paradise. The breakfast in the courtyard or outside the Well Room was devine with fresh pastries and delicious caffe. The location in Pisa was excellent. I highly recommend staying at Relais Sassetti for anyone who wants to experience the real Italy, rather than just another hotel room.

Room Tip: I had the pleasure of staying in the Well Room which included a large bed with ensuite, and was ideal for singles or couples. I also had the opportunity of touring the apartment which has a kitchenette and would suit either couples or families.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Jo M
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Our stay in Italy included various stops in all the major touristy cities. Our criteria for choosing an hotel/B&B is pretty much uniform but we were pleasantly surprised upon arriving at our B&B in Pisa. We expected all the standard offerings of an international establishment: cleanliness, punctuality, and compliance with the services advertised (breakfast, parking pass, etc.) but Simona received us at the Relais Sassetti with all the typical warmth and openness of a traditional italian family and went above and beyond the experience we were expecting. She provided us with more maps and brochures, local information and tips on where to eat and what to see than we knew what to do with. We felt at home in our well preserved 14th century setting, and despite the beauty and history of the B&B we had all of the modern comforts that we could possibly need. The B&B is well thought out and the layout is comfortable for couples or families or even pairs of couples travelling together. We had a well stocked kitchen, air conditioning and heat, hair dryer and all the little details in the room from soaps to reading material made us feel like we weren´t in a hotel far away from home, but in another world where the frenzy of our daily lives couldnt touch us. The garden outside the window is private and quaint and the tranquility is refreshing. The location is also ideal, walking distance from the train station, Leaning Tower, and central boulevard BUT simultaneously far enough removed that you don´t feel like you´re "just another tourist". If you want to get away, travel literally to another world without feeling out of place, the Relais Sassetti is the place to make it happen. My husband and I fell in love all over again and were sad to say goodbye to our little piece of Heaven. We will definitetly be going back again on our next trip to Italy.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple