All reviews guest house pleasant stay leaning tower arno sights floor station
Reviewed 26 August 2018

Wonderful couple who run this establishment. Lovely welcome. We had a family room with a double bed and 2 single beds. Absolutely spotless and very modern. Recently refurbed I’d say. We pre-booked breakfast through booking.com. Please DO NOT do this. There are no facilities at the guest house, you are sent to a cafe on the corner of the street with vouchers. We to ours - 4 vouchers get you 4 coffees and 4 croissants. That’s it!! We obviously couldn’t give coffee to our 2 young kids so had to pay for juice for them and toasties as a tiny chocolate croissant wasn’t going to suffice. Really disappointed. The customer service at the guest house made up for this though. The owner even drove us to the station. Would recommend.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Lovely staff, super helpful giving you a map and instructions from the moment you get there. Room was clean and modern as well as the bathroom, which made a really pleasant stay. Centric, close to the Tower and everything that you would need, from restaurants to a supermarket in front of the street.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2018

I was suddenly homeless in Italy and had a flight leaving from Pisa in 3 days. At the last minute I searched trip advisor for a place I could afford in Pisa. I had been to Pisa many many times but never spent the night there or had any desire too stay. So I was really surprised to find that there is so much more to Pisa than the glorious cathedral complex with the leaning tower.

The Gialel Pisa is a guest house which means it is somewhat self service once you are checked in. But owners are on sight so you are not ignored. Perfect place with newly remodeled rooms, perfect location to discover the wonders of Pisa. Some of the best restaurants I have been to were here. Pals from Versilia came for a visit and all were pleasantly surprised and pleased to visit the historic center just off the river Arno... So much to see I could not see it all in 3 days. The Gialel Pisa was a perfect place to explore - staff (also the owners) helpful, affordable and clean and quiet. Breakfast was a given at a very close bakery via a complimentary card presented on check in. a great bakery so no worries. All in all a perfect place.

PS. only downside was the taxi from airport. young driver double charged me (has not happened to me in years) What should have been 10 to 13 Euros cost me 25.... hopefully you wont get a bad taxi driver... but, ask how much before you take taxi.... A small thing next to the enjoyment I found in Pisa.

Room tip: I had a room that looked over the old city... delightful with floor to ceiling french doors for good air circulation.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

Just what we needed! Exceptional value and extremely clean. Close to the Leaning Tower of Pisa and lots of lovely restaurants... ideal location!
The owners and staff are extremely helpful and welcoming, we will definitely stay again!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

This small hotel is very clean and we had a brilliant stay. Our room was large and we could even see the leaning tower from our Juliet balcony. Breakfast is served at a cafe down the road and the owners could not do enough for you, very friendly.
Do not be put off by the quirky entrance which is a door down an alley and then up in a scruffy lift to the 4th floor, once there it's like entering another world.
Within easy walking distance to the sights, highly recommended.

Date of stay: June 2018