Hotel Carignano
US$ 136
US$ 247
US$ 175
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 205/night.

US$ 141
US$ 128
Residenza Centro Storico(Lucca)(Great Value!)
US$ 120
US$ 116
US$ 163
  • Breakfast included
Principe Calaf B&B(Lucca)(Great Value!)
US$ 79
US$ 73
Best Western Grand Hotel Guinigi(Lucca)(Great Value!)
US$ 111
US$ 103
US$ 256
US$ 206
US$ 127
US$ 122
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 153/night.

US$ 157
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscooking schoolcooking classfriendly cleaning staffnice balconyspoke very good englishexplore luccahard boiled eggsold townpastrieskmbiketuscanyremote
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We stayed in March 2012. The price was awesome for such a nice hotel, only 49 euro. I've stayed in a lot of small hotels in Italy. Most cost much more and are no where near as good! this one is soo much better and worth more! In summer it is 80 euro/ night which is still really good. This hotel is great in terms of room size and decor.The bathroom was modern and clean, the bed was not a rock like most and it was One bed, not 2 pushed together. we had a beautiful balcony and the breakfast was really well done.
The hotel location is absolutely picture perfect! it is right on a regular road so its easy to get too and my GPS went right to it. Parking is right outside the door to the lobby entrance. It is so easy w/ no stepps so you can wheel your luggage right in and then right into the elevator!! The lobby is large and comfortable with big, over stuffed chairs to relax in while you drink your coffee from the bar right there.
The cooking school is great too! I took about 5 classes over a few weeks and loved it! Chef Paolo is fun and practical in his teaching. you really do the cooking and he helps you. then you sit at a beautifully set table to eat what you have prepared. Included is white and red wine, bottled water and anything else you need. Then after eating and having great conversation you order your coffee and relax while you drink it! It's a great day of food, fun and learning!
We also ate in the restaurant for dinner. Tthe food, service and ambiance were great! I spilled my coke and the waiter had us at a new table and reset instantly! He was sooo nice about it!! I flet like such a klutz!
also all the staff spoke english very well which makes it so much easier to operate. the hotel is 10 minutes from Lucca, 30 min to Pisa, 1 hour to Florence and a million other great places are with in easy driving distance.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joyandjimbob
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at Hotel Carignano with my sister and two girlfriends during our recent visit to Lucca. We stayed there for a week while attending Chef Paolo's fabulous cooking school. We found the hotel to be updated, comfortably decorated in serene calming colors. Our room had a balcony with a great view of the beautiful grounds. The staff was among the best I've ever encountered always asking if there was anything we needed.They were very attentive. We found the continental style breakfast to be more than adequate especially since we were attending the cooking school and eating the foods we prepared at lunch. We had dinner every evening at the restaurant there and were always greeted with warm welcomes. Giovanni was the best, along with Claudia and the others in the restaurant. The food was very good with a lot of attention to the detail of the dishes. A absolutely great week!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank TerryColumbusOhioUSA
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I loved the hotel ...clean, quiet, very comfortable room. I stayed there for my cooking course with Chef Paolo, it was in february,freezing weather, yet heating was very good. The staff are friendly, cooperative, speaks English well. It was a good experience and I felt at home all the time.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Salma E
Reviewed 7 January 2012

The friendly staff make staying in this hotel very pleasant. The breakfast is included with the room and is very good. Much better than the average "included" European breakfast. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Located just outside of the Lucca city, the views are peaceful. They rent bikes and the Lucca town center is easy biking distance along the river. We walked it and that was easy too. The restaurant attached to the hotel is very good. I sampled many of the items on the menu and was pleased with all. Chef Paolo, the director and proprietor of this establishment and the restaurant, offers cooking classes of which I took 5! I enjoyed them all. I also enjoyed the winery tour offered by the Chef. I highly recommend staying at Hotel Carignano when visiting Lucca.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have balconies if you like fresh air.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Makara M
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We used this as our base to see Tuscany. It's a good price, but we chose it because we wanted to go to the cooking school.

If you have a car and want a place to base out of, it's a good choice.

The people in the hotel were very nice, and seemed family friendly.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple