“What a Fantastic Day out!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chef Paolo Monti's Cucina Italiana Cooking School

Chef Paolo Monti's Cucina Italiana Cooking School
More attraction details
Owner description: Italian Cooking School in Lucca, Tuscany, day classes as well as 7 day all inclusive programs with tours and field trips. Hotel rooms available in our apartments. Intensive cooking classes, 8 to 14 recipes per class, hands on cooking, include lunch and recipes in English. Classes also in Deutsch, Francais, Espanol. Classes: Main Ingredients and Sauces, Fish and seafood, Fresh Pasta and pasta sauce, pizza, focaccia and bread. Tuscan Cooking, Chef Paolo's favorite dishes. Fun classes, delicious dishes, easy to make recipes!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
viareggio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“What a Fantastic Day out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

If you get the chance you need to book a cooking class with chef Paolo Monti! I took my girlfriend (who cannot cook to save her life) and we had a private class learning all about italian cuisine. You get to get hands on experience with Paolo who is a fantastic chef that speaks great english. The class took around 5 hours, while Paolo took us through the different herbs and spices, and various different local ingredients. He showed us about 20 different olive oils! you get to eat as you cook, as well as indulge in some great italian wine! The class is very professional and Chef Paolo really puts in 110% effort with his class. I am actually looking forward to my next visit as a booking will definately be made! The class is very affordable and dont make the mistake of having breakfast before you go, as you will not be leaving hungry!
Dont miss out on a great day out!

Visited January 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Hebrew first
Perugia, Umbria, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing Chef - Delicious Food and you learn a lot!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

This cooking class was great. I loved learning about regional Italian food, how to properly make fresh pasta, and working with Chef Paolo Monti. We made at least 6 dishes with multiple components, and then enjoyed it all for lunch. Defiantly worth the money, if only I had a week to spend in Lucca I would of taken the weekly class with trips around Tuscany. Chef Paolo is a professional and teaches you a lot.

Cairo, Egypt
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“One of a kind experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

I took four courses with chef Paolo in the duration of three days. First he was very prompt in replying to me emails inquiring of the school,then he greeted me with warmth as if we are long lost friends which made me at ease immediately after a day long trip from Cairo to Lucca.I enjoyed the classes very much, you get to have hands on experience as well as tasting and sampling all the food you cooked( which gave me few extra pounds on my waist :D) and full detailed written recipes to go home with. I recommend this school very much ,,you will have a great time,cooking,laughing on chef Paolo quick witty jokes,sampling delicious true Italian food and enjoying beautiful Tuscan scenes.

Santa Cruz
“This class is a must for anyone that likes to cook...or just loves Italian food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

My sister and I spent a month in Lucca studying Italian language and decided to take a cooking class to also learn a bit about Tavola Italiana. We emailed Chef Paolo Monti in hopes of registering for the sauce class and he immediately responded that we could join him on Sunday morning.

Chef Paolo was truly wonderful from the moment we met him. He started with a bit of history about Italian food and moved right into hands on lessons with so many things going at the same time that I would have thought we'd burn the place down. He was so professional in how he taught us more efficient ways to do tasks I'd been doing for years. I would never have believed we could accomplish so much in so little time.

I can't wait to try these recipes and techniques when I return to California. My family and friends will be thanking Chef Paolo for years! I would recommend this class to anyone that wants to learn italian cooking, have a great time and eat really wonderful food.

“I ate till I died!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

Chef Paolo Monte's cooking class rocked our world! We had a group of 8 and the entire experience was fantastic. We got there really early and Paolo himself made us cappuccinos as we relaxed in the lobby. The class was witty, exciting and informative with a lively pace and finally delicious food! We loved it and highly recommend it to anyone going through Lucca!