“Back to visit an old friend”
Review of Vinarkia

Vinarkia
Ranked #216 of 616 Restaurants in Lucca
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Una delle poche enoteche di Lucca ad avere una lista cosi fornita e varia. Al Vinarkia della Pavona hai una vasta scelta sia sulla carta dei vini che sul menu ristorante. Venite a gustare le nostre specialita nel nostro giardino interno.One of the few wine shops in Lucca to have a list so provided and varied. At Vinarkia of Pavona you have a wide choice on the wine list that is on the restaurant menu. Come and enjoy our specialties in our garden
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

I hadn't been back here for 5 years. There has been a change of management. The wine was very good and good value. The antipasti as always delicious. I felt they could have arrived a bit earlier as I am sure they did in the past. Highly recommended for a visit.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 16 March 2017

Went for a drink after a meal on Saturday night and it was great - nice food with live music, lots of friendly people!

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Difficult to rate this place. Let's do the positives first. Interesting old interior, very atmospheric. Racked our with countless wines, with a wine list to back this up which would take a week to read. Beautiful little garden at the back, shaded with an ancient grapefruit tree - a very romantic place. Simple, decent food at low prices. But....... the water arrived without glasses, for which there was a 5 minute wait. The white wine arrived without glasses, for which there was a 5 minute wait. Then The red wine arrived without glasses, and they never turned up at all; we resorted to washing out our white wine glasses with meltwater from the ice bucket. The primi arrived without enough knives and forks, for which there was a five minute wait. The secondi arrived without enough knives and forks, for which there was a five minute wait. Are you beginning to get the picture? Ella, a charming waitress who speaks English, explained she was very busy because her colleague had not shown up. But I had read this remark on a review of Vinarkia by somebody else. I think they simply don't employ enough staff. The constant requests for missing items eventually wore us down. For this reason, unhappily, I must mark it down to 'Poor'.

Reviewed 10 October 2016

My daughter and I are here for 3 months and this is a regular haunt for "apericena" - drinks and "nibbles"/antipasto before dinner. The bar provides the nibbles for free if you buy a drink. There's a great wine selection and a lovely outdoor area covered over with the branches of a giant grapefruit tree. Also a very nice looking lunch and dinner menu.

Reviewed 12 September 2016

I love this place! I came here every day during my stay in Lucca. The staff is friendly, and the wines are delicious. They do a terrific aperitivo, too! Last year was my second summer in Lucca, and I ran into not only some of the same staff and regulars, but also some lovely tourists I'd seen the summer before; apparently they love the place as much as I do. There is a great patio in the back, but to be honest, my favorite spot in the place is the table in the front window, where I can drink a glass of wine, and watch the Lucchese stroll by.