Lowest prices for your stay
$300
Free cancellation until 25/05/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
$299
Free cancellation until 26/05/22
Agoda.com
$228
Free cancellation until 27/05/22
Priceline$304
Hotels.com$299
ZenHotels.com$261
All reviews quiet piazza stylish hotel within the walls delicious pastries perfect hotel dinner reservations original features san michele main shopping great town central location high ceilings definitely stay here again good size within walking distance recommend this hotel stayed two nights
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 January 2022

We came in late, as we actually intended to stay at an apartment, but when we saw it we were aghast. Luckily, we told the woman we wanted to see it before we sealed the deal, as we had a couple of bad experiences with apartments and B&B’s this trip already. Exhausted and in need of a little pampering, we decided we would go to the best hotel in town. Indulge. That was the Palazzo Dipinto. We called and the gentleman at reception, Francesco, was extremely friendly answering our questions and then guiding us to the hotel, no easy task in a historic zone with confusing or non-existent signage to guide you. When we got there, he continued his hospitality with a friendly check-in and helping haul our luggage to the room, which was gratefully accepted as we were even more exhausted at this point. He helped with a number of other requests, including heating up some chicken broth that a doctor seen in a previous hotel, suggested my wife take. They even had some very good complimentary biscotti at the bar. I took a few pieces, as we had no dinner. The hotel was in an ancient building, updated to a modern, stylish establishment. We got the suite and it was spacious and very comfortable, and simply wonderful. The bed was big with excellent sheets, pillowcases ,and perfect pillows. It was a pleasure to sleep in. The bathroom was also spacious with a very long shower and the ability to accommodate two people showering at the same time. The shower was fabulous – perfect water flow, gentle and it was easy to get to the exact temperature I wanted and the floor was not slippery at all, a common hazard. What was the most amazing and unique aspect of this hotel was how absolutely silent it was. It was like being in a crypt. I almost cried with joy. How many nights and subsequent days have been ruined over the years by excess noise from elevators, garbage trucks, maids, children, drunk or inconsiderate guests at innumerable hotels. Breakfast was better than great – ambience lovely, superior service by Roberto who doubled as Manager, and delicious food. They offered this three tier serving tower of desserts, fruits, breads, etc., which I turned down because I knew almost all of it would be thrown out. Three couples sitting diagonally across from us got three of them and the amount of waste was appalling to me, as they ate almost nothing from each one. We stored our luggage the next day. They brought our car prematurely from the garage, but no problem, they just kept it right in front of the hotel until we returned from our sightseeing. When we asked for our luggage, Roberto was no longer there, but a woman took us to a secure room where the luggage was stored and asked us to verify it was all there. Of course it was. She then helped bring it to our car. I didn’t want her to, but she insisted. She gave us directions to get out of the historic, limited access zone and we were off.

The only glitch of our stay was not of their making. Around 2AM, we woke up to go to the bathroom and came to realize the lights were out in our room. I was suspicious so I opened the door to the hall and the only lights that were on appeared to me to be emergency lights. We went to the window and all the lights in the apartment buildings around us were out, too. Hmm. I dug out my high-powered flashlight I bring on trips for precisely this possibility (We are the Boy Scouts of travel. I guess my wife is a Girl Scout.). I went down the darkened stairs, first telling my wife to hold the door open for me to come back to, to see if there was anyone at the front desk who knew what was going on. It was pitch black there and I could see no one, but then I heard a noise. I said hello, no answer. I said it again, louder and a young women surprisingly sitting at a table responded and turned on her own light. Then, out of nowhere, the night manager appeared, who explained that the whole city was down. I asked for how long. He said a little over an hour ago and that even the street lights had gone dark, but just came back on about 10-15 minutes ago. He said they had another blackout two days earlier, but not of the whole city. I asked if he knew when the power would be restored and he said there were no estimates. I told him I was concerned as we had left my wife’s very expensive medicine in the hotel’s refrigerator and the ice packs to keep them cool while we went from hotel to hotel in their freezer. He immediately went into a small freezer and pulled out a huge chunk of ice and put it in the refrigerator to ensure the safety of the medicine. Very conscientious and extremely professional. Naturally, the power came back shortly thereafter. We asked him to remove the ice, as we were concerned it might melt and drip onto the boxes of medicine, but he had already thought of that and removed the ice. Very smart and again, very professional.

What can I say about a hotel that was absolute perfection. Would I return? Yes. I would return simply to stay at that hotel, again. The experience was hotel heaven. In fact, if I could be interred there, I would do it in a second. What better way to spend eternity?

Date of stay: November 2021
Reviewed 21 October 2021

Beautiful modern, clean, perfectly located hotel. Room was good size and spotlessly clean, Staff was very friendly and helpful. We sat outside on the terrace for breakfast, which was excellent. Perfect location for exploring Lucca.

Our stay was perfect. Can’t wait to return,

2  Thank Sue S
Reviewed 29 September 2021

If you are looking for a place to stay in Lucca Italy, look no further. Palazzo Dipinto is as close to perfection as you will get in a hotel. It may be a little unassuming from the outside but don't let that fool you.
Location is great, a quiet piazza just a 2 minute walk to the Piazza San Michele, from there 1 minute to the main shopping streets and maybe 10 minutes to the Amphitheatre square ( Piazza dell'Antifeatro ) . Lucca is a very manageable walkable town and from this hotel you are close to everything. You can even get up on the wall that surrounds the city within 5 minutes from the hotel door.
The room was as advertised ( we were in Rm # 11 ) A beautiful large room especially by European standards, well appointed & clean . From what we were told by a non hotel employee, this hotel was newly renovated only 2 years ago. The bathroom was enormous, the shower actually had 2 rain head shower heads !
The staff was the best feature of the hotel. Friendly and welcoming seems inadequate to describe the staff. Upon our arrival ( 7hr air to Rome then 2 trains, we were exhausted ) we were immediately offered a drink, water, spritz, etc and a place to sit and relax before we even checked in. We instantly felt welcomed
From tips on Lucca , to dinner reservations, restaurant recommendations, they could not do enough to make your stay more enjoyable . Roberto, Francesco, Clara & Rosanna treated us like the most important guests in the hotel & I'm sure everyone who stays here feels the same way.
Plus all the back staff that you don't see, cleaning the rooms or preparing the breakfast buffet, all done seamlessly and professionally.
This hotel is without question 5 STARS !
We loved our stay and this hotel and highly recommend it.

Reviewed 5 September 2021 via mobile

Spot on sort of place! By that I mean, room was upmarket modern (without being palatial), a good size, clean and very functional inc wifi/ bottled water in the room. Breakfast also excellent as were the staff! Location pretty central within the walls. Pillows though weren’t my favourite!

Room tip: Just take the train to Lucca- way easier than a car!
Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank K4847RWgarys
Reviewed 25 August 2021 via mobile

Modern rooms, quiet rooms, very kind staff, good size rooms. Modern decoration
Very clean facilities
top quality for a 4 star hotel
Good breakfast served on the terrace. Unfortunately the terrace is small and too close to the street
Centrally located in the heart of Luca
Wonderful stay