US$ 503
US$ 1,258
  • Breakfast included
    • Pool
    TripAdvisor
    All reviewsarno riverold millbike pathminute bus rideevery morningdifferent languagesprovided mapsfresh fruitvisit florencea wonderful place to staymakes you feelclaudiohosthammockscitygardentuscany
    Reviewed 14 August 2009

Our advise: Just book this and enjoy !
    My wife, our daugther and I stayed for three nights in La Martellina. We had a wonderful time: quiet surrounding, beautifull house, good and clean beds and sanitary. Take bus 14 (at 100 m) and without stress you're in 10 minutes a the Duomo.
    Refrigerator, coffeebar, fresh fruits at breakfast, maps and usefull information.
    Next time i'll lend Claudio's bike and drive along the Arno to Florence.
    Go to Florence - il Girone, note sign at traffic lights

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
    1  Thank PeterJaap d
    Reviewed 7 August 2009

My cousin, brother and I recently stayed with Claudio on our trip to Tuscany. This B&B was one of my favorite parts of our trip. Claudio was very helpful and kind and did his best to make us feel comfortable. The B&B was clean and beautiful! And, what better way to wake up in the morning than to the sound of the Arno? We had no trouble at all going in and out of Florence. While staying, I felt that I was at my own home. I would recommend this inn for travelers who want to stay in one of the best values in Tuscany. I will definitely plan on staying here again on my next trip. Hopefully it is sooner rather than later!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
    Reviewed 17 June 2009

After a hectic day of museums in Florence, La Martellina was a perfect place to relax and unwind. The B&B is located in an old mill on the Arno River, east of Florence in the village of Girone. Breakfast provided multiple healthful and nutritious choices on the terrace in sunny weather or in the spacious dining room in foul weather. Girone is the last stop on Bus 14A from Florence, about a 20-minute ride. (Also there is a bus that runs regularly from the Girone stop to Fiesole for convenient sightseeing there.) We loved our stay with Claudio and his two dogs in the rustic and peaceful setting and decided that we would like to live there. There is a restaurant in Girone but a smart traveller might rather eat in Florence where choices are more varied or return to La Martellina with a bottle of wine, a loaf of bread, etc..

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
    2  Thank rusty-johnson
    Reviewed 14 January 2009

My husbands family and I stayed at La Martellina last April and loved it! The house alone is beautiful but it's serene surroundings makes this bed and breakfast exceptional. So close to the Arno River that it basically sits on top of it, there are plenty of outdoor areas to sit and relax while enjoying the italian countryside. We stayed in the Salcio Suite and Olivio. All the rooms were unique, comfortable and had a lot of character. La Martellina is an ideal retreat after spending a long day in florence and perfect for a little downtime with your family. It's very easy to get to by a 10-15 minute bus ride and short walk to the gated property. Claudio was very helpful and served us a delicous breakfast every morning. Staying at La martellina and visiting Florence were the highlight s of my trip around Italy. We enjoyed it so much that we are returning for our second stay in January!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
      • Check-in / front desk
    Reviewed 20 December 2008

We couldn't have felt more lucky to have stumbled across this jewel of a spot. It is a small piece of heaven. Perfectly peaceful and completely romantic.

The Inn is just a short bus ride (15 mins) to the centre of Florence. This is the perfect place to recharge after a busy day in the bustling city. Make sure you take a minute to sit by the river in the garden or in the hammock and sip a coffee or have a glass of wine.

Waking up in crisp white sheets with the white curtains blowing in the fresh air to the sound of chirping birds and the river rushing by...it's a lovely memory.

We'll be back.