“Unbelievably fantastic stay”

Grand Amore Hotel and Spa
Ranked #5 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 12 October 2017

Well I don't know how to describe it. It cannot be a hotel. It cannot be any form of commercial accommodation. Probably its a super rich man's home, manned by excellent team, which you get to stay in somehow. The staff probably is not a staff maybe they are owners whose only aim in life is to make the guests feel most welcome. We had an out of the world experience in this small hotel. People remember your names from the moment of check-in. Rather the familiarity starts with booking. You receive a form from the hotel with minute details of your expectation from this stay. What you plan to do, what you want to eat in Breakfast?!!
They prepare the breakfast based on your feedback, especially for you. I wanted cornflakes and they had it ready but I did not like the taste. They asked for my brand and the next day bingo I had that brand on my table. Does any hotel do that?
We are vegetarians, they took a list of fruits each one of us preferred and were served accordingly.
Anytime of the day you enter the hotel they come up and ask you for soft drinks in the lobby. Spa is free for you, just need to tell them in advance. Entire spa can be reserved for a couple even late evening/night. We received superb cookies and chocolates in the room each night.
Each room has different decor and completely bewitching. My kids room had a superb bathroom but somehow I landed up in a room with a very small bathroom, same layout like NH Venezia's. That was the only thing I didn't like.
Location is good, short walking from tourist area. I don't think they have a designated concierge or reception. Everyone does everything, manning the reception, serving you soft drinks, delivering your luggage. I was mesmerised by their teamwork.
On checkout we received an handwritten thank you note from the manager and our kids received a book on Tuscany tourism. Unbelievable hospitality.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Raj S

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Had wonderful time with excellent staffs. No need to waste my time to book where to go and where to eat etc. Hotel staffs had provided exactly what I wanted. Especially many thanks to Pamela and the staffs at reception.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

We spent two nights in this hotel in Florence. We were greeted by an amazingly friendly and helpful concierge. We were tired and extremely warm from the heat... so when we were seated in the lounge, given two glasses of wine, cheese, crackers and the best olives I've ever tasted, we felt like royalty. Our room, which was modern, nicely decorated, comfortable and clean, was ready and available before check-in. The concierge organized a wonderful tour guide for us. All in all this was an exceptional experience. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

We not only enjoyed Florence, but the Grand Amore hotel made everything special. It was a couples paradise, from unlimited champagne to an exquisite breakfast in the morning. The concierge service made everything easy and meaningful; Pamela was the best! The hotel itself was beautiful and everything was very clean. We will be visiting Florence again and this is the hotel we will look for with each visit.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren M
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed with a group of girls for 3 nights at this hotel. I have been fortunate to stay in beautiful hotels but usually the large, well recognized ones. I wasn't sure what to expect but this hotel exceeded all expectations. Their personalized service was a unique experience for me. We were greeted with prosecco, cheese, olives. The staff arranged all of our dinners and excursions. They even made us salon appointments and paid for our cab in euros when we did not have cash. We returned nightly to our room with sweet treats, notes, and wrapped mementos. Staff remembered details of how we liked coffee for example and prepared accordingly. The breakfast was a wonderful, decadent spread. Big hotels with fancy bars and lights and music are wonderful but I felt like I was at home at this hotel. There are only 20 rooms and you will meet and recognize all of the staff. It is close to the duomo and shopping. I highly recommend this hotel for a personalized, concierge experience.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends