“I don't even want to review this place....”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Villa Tantafera

Yellow single room
Red double room
Ivory bathroom
Ivory double room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Mckhansen
Nyc
“I don't even want to review this place....”
Reviewed 27 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

I don't even want to review Villa Tantafera because it is such a perfect place. If I didn't like the owner Roberto as much as i do, i would try to keep it a secret. But, Roberto is a great host and deserves accolades so here i am.

All of the questions and concerns that i had (when traveling with a group of people meeting in Florence from all over the place) were addressed in a very timely manner by Roberto. We asked for a connections to a driver and perhaps a tour of some wineries and were directed to Euan Mackay whose company All Tuscany is really wonderful. If you're going to spend hours together in a van go with this guy. Roberto also made reservations for us and suggested personal chefs for us etc.

Each room in Tantafera is really decorated and outfitted to perfection. I have never been in a property in Italy, looked into a corner and thought "i wish this was here" or "that would be more convenient" and then seen everything i would've wanted. Italy is always inconvenient - and i love it for that too. But from little things like light switches and wifi, nespresso machines (go ahead and get on that band wagon), views, bathrooms, outdoor spaces, it is complete. It is truly a place that you can rest with total comfort and feel relaxed.

Even the air is perfect. Its infused with the many lemon trees that are both planted and grow naturally on the property. I used them for my aperol spritzes that i made at night. Also, you can hear the bells ringing from a distance in the morning and into the evening reminding you of where you are should you forget.

I even got sick here - i mean the twisted tissues in my nostrils type of cold. I was stuck in my bedroom for almost two days - and i could've cared less. there was no better place to be sick than Roberto's villa. I propped up some pillows and happily stared out of the window.
Tantafera has that unique kind of harmony between the building and the grounds that happens only when something is restored with such love and care. This is Roberto's dream and you can feel it when you are there.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Stephanie...
Shanghai, China
“Exquisite Villa with grand view overlooking Florence”
Reviewed 11 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

For families or families of Friends (as my case) this was the perfect accommodation and absolute ideal location. We needed five bedrooms and in our case wanted on suite baths - that is a luxury in an old villa - and we had all the space and luxury we really needed. The guests were from six countries, with six cultures and a few local Florentine friends came over. It was perfect to cook in the modern kitchen (again - fabulous) and dine one night alfresco and the other night in the most lovely dining room. I cannot encourage you to go fast enough to this villa. It is everything you'll dream of and more. You have the opportunity to be in the city center in less than 20 minutes, easy drives to other cities and feel as if you are far away in the country. Idyllic to say the least! Our host was most gracious to put in food for dinner and breakfast and joined us for a birthday dinner. As we were a most unusual group, I do hope he enjoyed our company as much as we enjoyed his - and villa Tantafera. Memories are joyous and another trip is desired in the very near future....

LOS ANGELES
Reviewed 1 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The views were amazing!
Liked least: Taxis were somewhat reluctant to pick up due to the location
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Laneluv
California
“Very Magical Place!”
Reviewed 29 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

I have done my share of travelling, and I must say this is one of the most amazing places I have had the pleasure of staying at. The host was very gracious and took care of anything we requested immediately. He lived in the states, so his English is perfect. The view from the Villa is like something right out of a movie. You cannot stare at it enough. I had my coffee on the front balcony or the back patio, and could sit there all day. When we arrived the fridge and cupboards were completely stocked, with all the goodies we could have imagined. Wine, cheese, milk, bacon, espresso, etc, etc. I cannot wait to come back and enjoy this amazing magical villa again.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The View
Friends getaway Large groups
twistedvi...
San Francisco, California
“Amazing villa, amazing host”
Reviewed 20 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

We were fortunate enough to stay at the beautiful Villa Tantafera for a week in Sept. Not only is the property even more gorgeous than it looks in the photos, but it's a great mix of classic Italian-style-meets-modern-plumbing-and-appliances. The house itself is huge and very, very comfortable, with plenty of room for a group to enjoy and entertain.

Roberto as a host is flawless - from welcoming us to the house with prosecco to making sure everything was in perfect order, we were warmly well-looked after by him in all ways, which made our trip all the better.

We would highly recommend the villa if you're looking for a very special Italian holiday.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing