Soggiorno Burchi
US$ 367
US$ 602
US$ 472
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Florence Metropole(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$ 155
US$ 355
US$ 338
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 July 2010

I was only in Florence overnight, so having a place to stay close to the train station was important to me. The room was spacious enough, and clean. Everything was pretty basic, but adequate. The stairs up to the room looked shabbier than the room that I stayed in.

The owners don't speak much English (but do speak a lot of loud Italian). Probably not ideal if you're a light sleeper, but I think it added to the overall Italian experience. If you can get a good deal on a booking site I would recomend it - but the full price is not what I would consider good value for money.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 April 2010

horrible place, very dirty, during the night i was bitten by insects...terrible experience

avoid this place!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2007

We stayed in Soggiorno Burchi for two nights and were supposed to pay EUR 70 per night but were able to negotiate this down to EUR 55 at the end of our stay due to the inadequate facilities and service provided.

I would not recommend anyone to stay at this B&B since there are certainly other, better places to stay in Florence in this price range. First of all, this B&B is dark and noisy and the rooms (although moderately clean) are not well maintained. Second, the bathroom where we stayed during our first night did have a shower head but no cabin or anything so I had to take a shower above the toilet. After threatening to leave, we got another room with a proper shower cabin. However, water pressure was very low so taking a shower was a real hassle.

Finally, please note that Soggiorno Burchi and Soggiorno Livi are essentially the same B&B, being located in the same building and managed by the same people.

• Stayed: October 2007
2  Thank worldtraveler12345
Reviewed 2 May 2007

Probably Dante's was guest of Soggiorno Burchi when wrote Divine Comedy's Inferno....An ants army welcoming you in the bathroom and room was cleaned last time by Leonardo Da Vinci: dust is everywhere!!! The location is closest to all attractions and for 10 euros/day you can have private covered parking but it's a place to avoid like plague.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank inoki
Reviewed 28 August 2006

I arrived in this horrible hotel with a friend. We were given a room for two. Anyway there wasn't any tv or phone in the room as promissed. Then on the floor I noticed that there were thousands of black hairs...... argh... not mine (I'm blond and my friend as well). Then in the bathroom : the shower was broken, the toilet seat as well, and when one flushed the toilet, well....guess what ?...well it'd start "raining". I mean...what kind of hotel is this ?? Then....oh it's not finished... then at about 8 am every day you'd hear people screaming in italian (it seams italian people speak very loud....)...those people were of course the hotel proprietors.... I mean not even a good night's sleep is possible in that [--] . Last but not least the proprietors weren't nice at all. So I advice you to avoid this hotel. Believe me ! And I could continue criticising this hotel.....

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Evitah