Florence Room B&B
US$ 472
US$ 203
NH Hotels
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Garden Inn Florence Novoli(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$ 104
US$ 287
US$ 255
getaroom.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsvia fiumegreat locationclose to the train stationminute walkkeys
Reviewed 8 May 2010

This place is horrible. Advertised as a queen room, it was barely bigger than a single. So noisy, we would hear the extractor fan from next door every 10 minutes. Just horrible. For the price, you can do way better than this. I have nothing positive to say except that the location is handy if you need to catch a train.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2009

Florence Room B&B was fairly good. It had an EXCELLENT LOCATION, meaning it was walking distance to all the major attractions. The room was clean and decorated with traditional Italian paintings. When we arrived, we could send our car to a GARAGE.
Though it was not included in the price.The saff were friendly and the room had FREE INTERNET. But the BREAKFAST WAS REALLY BAD, luckily, we had our own food. So i suggest, if you would like a basic, good priced accommodation which is close to everything in Florence, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank Spatzile
Reviewed 8 July 2008

To be fair, this review is of a stay from almost 1 year ago, after reading the more recent ones, I suspect that a few things have changed for the better. But I hope my story will serve as a precaution nonetheless.

Before that, some objective observations: The single room I stayed in was nicely decorated, very clean, the bathroom was also very clean. Yes mosquitoes can be a problem as one reviewer noted, but overall, a really pleasant room that's in a good location. Wasn't served the breakfast so I can't comment on that.

Now the story: I had reserved my room through a hostels booking site. I also emailed Florence Room directly to let them know I had made a reservation just in case (I also did not speak any Italian). When I arrived a stern hostess (who spoke zero English) opened the door and had no idea I made a reservation. She pointed to the computer and said it was not functioning. The price for a single was also different from their listing on the hostel website. I was desperate so I paid. I paid cash and did not get a receipt. Make sure you demand a receipt! The next morning I asked if breakfast was included and the hostess shook her head. A day or two later I changed rooms because I had to extend my stay, this room should have been cheaper because there was no bathroom, but I nonetheless was asked to pay the same price. To make a long story short, I later got in touch with the manager with this complaint, and to my surprise, he said the hostess had explained the room and meal options and prices to me (impossible since she spoke no English and I understood no Italian) and blamed *me* for not taking the room I was 'supposed' to take! The hostess had completely lied about how things had happened.

After reading the information from the manager about their rates and options, I realized that I had been ripped off because I should have received breakfast the first time and the second booking should have been cheaper since I was in a smaller room. I demanded a refund for the amount that I was over charged. Fortunately, the manager believed me and agreed, but it was just horrible to have to go through all this.

BE CAREFUL if you are a female traveler visiting here on your own and do not speak Italian. I suspect this may be one reason why I got ripped off. Like I said at the start of the review, it sounds like things have improved in the past year, but my experience was awful and I personally would strongly advise against staying here.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mimi26nyc
Reviewed 20 May 2008

We paid about 100 Euros a night for our double room. This was relatively cheap compared to other accommodation we looked at in Florence. The location was great, less than 5 minutes from the train station, and a five minutes walk to the centre of the city.

The room was clean, as was the bathroom. The bed however was quite small for 2.

The breakfast is served in your room at the time you request. You get tea or coffee, and a crossaint, crispbreads and biscuits each. It's not the biggest breakfast, but enough to get you through to lunchtime.

The staff spoke good enough English to make our stay easy.

The only downside is the noise. We had a street facing room and the bin lorries came at 5am and made a lot of noise!

I would recommend this B & B if you're on a budget and would stay here again myself (and ask for a non room facing room).

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank christineGlasgow
Reviewed 5 July 2007

The Soggiorno Berlini in Florence, Italy is located on Via Fiume 1....only a 2 minute walk away from the main train station. It´s a run of the mill hostel, doesn´t offer services apart from lodging and bathroom facilities, but for 17 euros a night and comfortable beds...we were a happy group of four in the large bedroom. The area has many affordable restaurants and fast food places and of course...if your train pulls out at 6 am...you don´t have to get up too early as the hostel is right next door. It´s not luxury, and the bathroom is shared...but we had no complaints as all we wanted was a decent place to repose our weary bodies after hours of sightseeing...We´d stay here again for price value.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with friends