“The perfect place to stay at Florence”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
PPSaura
Alicante, Spain
“The perfect place to stay at Florence”
Reviewed 9 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013
people found this review helpful

We spent 10 fantastic days on December-January in this marvelous apartment with our three daughters (16-19). Gabriella, the owner, was very helpful with all my questions while preparing the trip and gave a lot of useful advice.

The location is excellent to visit Florence. Of course you know that a car is useless in Florence, but everything is within easy walking distance: 9 minutes to the central station and airport bus stop, 5 minutes to the Duomo, 8 minutes to Piazza della Signoria., 13 minutes to the Accademia. The house is rounded by shops of the luxury Italians brands, and next to Gucci. Every time we stopped and the house entrance we noticed people looking at us wondering WHO we were. If you are a fan of Dante or Dan Brown you will appreciate being next to Via dell Inferno!.

The apartment is in a first floor that you have to reach by a short staircase: have this in mind if you have mobility problems. Gabriella, a very elegant and classy woman and her charming daughter Lisa were there to receive us and show everything. The photos on the web do not make justice to the place. The ceilings are incredibly high and the decoration is exquisite. The house is so big that it takes some time to get properly oriented.

My daughters favorite room was Lisa's where they spent uncountable hours in the makeup desk, getting pretty and feeling like Hollywood actresses. The main bedroom is impressive. There is another double bedroom, smaller but next to the jacuzzi bathroom, that your tired feet and back will really appreciate when you come back after a day of walking the incredible sights of Florence. The fourth single bedroom is the simplest one, probably used for service.

The wide living room was very comfortable, a very good place to gather and share the trip experiences, and enjoy the fireplace while having a cup of fine Italian wine. The apartment was very warm and Gabriella told us that in summer is very fresh. It is also very quiet and in the pretty courtyards you will hear only the charming sounds of distant bells. We couldn't make great use of the courtyards in December, except to smoke, but they seem like a perfect place to enjoy better weather.

There is also a charming studio with a biblioteque and a desk that was my favorite place to prepare next day visits.

The kitchen is small and narrow (one person at a time) but enough and well equipped (except microwave and dishwasher). Anyway we did little use, as Italian food is so good and cheap. Many restaurants around. We specially enjoyed the breakfast at the caffe inside the Roberto Cavalli shop around the corner, the aperitif with panino tartufatto at Procacci and the fantastic lunch and dinners at Trattoria 4 Leoni, 10 minutes across the Arno.

There is no wifi, which for me was a blessing, as I could enjoy the full attention of my daughters, for once not lost in their virtual worlds. Anyway I bought a cheap TIM card for my tablet so that I could stay connected when I needed to search for information.

In resume, Florence is incredible beautiful but staying at this house multiplied our pleasure. When I booked, the first email from Gabriella promised me that she would do everything to make our stay unforgettable. And she did! Thanks Gabriella!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing