“Freshly made and baked in the pizza oven ”

Trattoria Cornelius
Ranked #711 of 2,978 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We really wanted some pizza for dinner and came across this little restaurant in the small streets of the city close to Duomo cathedral.
We choose by sight that they had the pizza oven in the restaurant and we weren't disappointed.
We shared a pizza and Greek salad.
The salad was fresh and crispy, tomatoes soft ripe and juicy, feta cheese creamy.
The pizza was simple funghi pizza. Wafer thin base. Piping hot and served so quickly.
We had a smashing creme brulee hot and thin crunchy topping.
The house red wine was a bit rough but cheap price for half litre.
Coffee was good.
Service very friendly fast and efficient.
Nice place for pizza lovers.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

We chose this place at random and it turned out to be a bit of a mistake. The pasta dishes were not great, in fact the tagliatelle was over cooked. We were served the pasta with stale bread. How any restaurant can think that is OK I don’t know.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Popped for dinner last night. Very disappointed. The bread was probably fresh two days ago. The filet steak was a sirloin at best, the veg was a frozen microwave tasteless offering of carrots and beans. The roast potatoes which looked suspiciously like yesterday's left overs were sent back to be reheated. I will not go on further as I am sure I have made my point. Oh, the spinach was more than OK.
Ps does anyone else think that some establishments make up their own TripAdvisor excellent signs and put them in the front window?

Reviewed 5 March 2018

It was our last night in Florence, and saw the menu for this and went in straight away!
Was a little bit cold inside, but not too bad!
We had 3 courses, and they were all delicious!
To start, the Spaghetti Bolognese was scrumptious and my Dad's lasagne looked amazing too.
Then I had the Calzone, which was pretty good, but a little burnt. My Mum's chicken dish looked amazing and everything was really nice.
The service was excellent too, probably as we went quite early (6pm).
Dessert was by far the best. I did opt for the Foccacia Nutella which they didn't have:(, but then I had a Chocolate Tart- which was more like cake which I prefer- and was SENSATIONAL!
Would recommend for fussy eaters (like my sister) or those who like a wide selection.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

Great pizzas, plenty of topping, thin crispy bases, pasta cooked well and not over wet and creamy. Pasta carbonara reminded me of how dad cooks it back home. The friendly young wait staff made the experience that much better....beware of the men selling roses