“Nice food, good view but little pricy”
Review of Mokarico Caffe

Mokarico Caffe
Ranked #219 of 233 Dessert in Florence
Neighbourhood: Duomo
Neighbourhood: Duomo
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

This is place that we look forward come, this is our 2nd time.. for 3 meals, 1 beer, 1 fresh orange juice we paid Euro 46. But it was really filling and tasty, we could see what we wanted to eat and kids loves it. A nice good view too.. go to restaurant name called Tavola Calda.. not others!

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We fell into the trap so you don’t have to. We were desperate for a place to sit and a cold drink so we popped into this caffe right in Duomo. I ordered a mimosa and my friend ordered a 150 ml prosecco. It came to a grand total of £22. We were honestly in shock. I should have know after watching one of the young waiters try to hustle patrons in off of the streets. Great location, insane and exorbitant prices for drinks. I can’t comment on the food as we didn’t eat but the couple beside us said it was extremely overpriced for the quality. Please save your money and go elsewhere.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

After a long day, we wanted a nice quiet meal. I didn't notice it was only a cafe, because the menu seemed fine. I should have known by the fact that the restaurant next door was full and this place empty that there was something wrong. My wife and I ordered a pizza and salad. Before this occasion any pizza or salad we ordered in Italy had been beautiful, fresh, homemade, just wonderful. The salad was disgusting, droopy, old, barely edible. Something you would see on quick sale in a grocery store. We waited for the pizza, it had to be good! Noooo! it was a frozen pizza. Whaaat a frozen pizza in Italy,oh well, my mistake for not noticing it was just a cafe. We tried to eat it, but we couldn't bring ourselves to finish it. As my wife took a bite, she realized there was a piece of cork embedded in the pizza, that was it for us. I called the waiter over to show him. He quickly took it away. I waited for someone to come out and apologize. No one ever came. When I received the bill, I asked what they would be doing about the cork. The waiter said he told the manager about it. She didn't seem to care. I paid my bill and left. I hope this helps everyone else to stay away from this terrible establishment .

Reviewed 6 May 2018

Came here after eating dinner in (purchased at nearby Pregna market) while out for a stroll. The dessert and coffee were fine - I had a fruit tart, my husband had a chocolate tart, but not magnificent. Service was pleasant. Great location.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

We did not have any food here, but we stopped by to just have a glass of wine and relax in front of the Duomo, and it was perfect for that. Good selection of wines, and the wines we had were both excellent. We also were not harassed or bothered for just ordering drinks in this prime real estate. Would definitely recommend for this purpose.