“Hotel restaurant”
Review of Il Grano d'oro

Il Grano d'oro
Ranked #1,249 of 3,045 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Attached to hotel : mulino di firenzeBut I cant seem to find it listed here even though the hotel is listed
Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

This restaurant is part of the hotel Mulino di Firenze, and quite pricey. It is about 3-4 miles from the city center so they know they can charge guests higher prices since there are limited options.

We ate here our first night while staying at the hotel and while the food was prepared well, I don't believe it was worth the price. We have eaten better food in Rome and Florence for 20-30% less cost. The next night we ate at Bettolina (seafood restaurant) which is about a 7-10 minute walk down the road. The food and the portions were very good and the prices even better.

Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

It is easy to go there when you stay at the hotel but not somewhere we would go again. The place is ok, the food is ok but not incredible. In addition, the staff is not very friendly. Not bad but not a place we would recommend.

Reviewed 21 November 2015

This restaurant was part of the hotel we stayed at in Florence. The hotel itself is charming but to be honest we had not planned on eating at the hotel however, we arrived late after driving all day and did not want to go back out so it was our only option. The staff were very professional and the atmosphere was quite elegant. In the summer, dining here would be spectacular as they have tons of outdoor seating right on the water. In November however, eating alfresco is not an option. We felt that the menu options were quite expensive so we opted for a couple of pasta dishes. I ordered the eggplant ravioli which was ok and my wife ordered the spinach filled pasta which she found very bland. We did get a nice bottle of chianti for 16 euro but paying 44 euros for just 2 pasta dishes and a slice of bruchetta each is a little much. Perhaps if we had went for a chicken or beef dish we would have been happier. Again, it is very romantic and the service is very professional but very expensive.

3  Thank TACOB0B
Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

We could not fault the food, wine or service in any way. We ate here three times during our stay at the Mulino.... We can't wait to return!

Reviewed 12 August 2015

We had one meal in the hotel over a three night stay. I checked the menu the previous day and was looking forward to my selections when I turned up to find that the restaurant was having a grill night. Not a problem, I thought I loved my meat. we shared a platter for 2, when it arrived we were unsure if it was two people or two families. You could hear the gasps from other couples around the restaurant as this dish turned up, the waste must be incredible. The platter came with a salad and the standard Firenze roast potatoes. we could hardly manage to touch these. It is hard to criticise a restaurant for serving too much but here I have to do it. The service was impeccable, the surroundings wonderful and the quality of food and how it was cooked faultless. please eat here if you are staying in the hotel, maybe share a single dish !