“Ideal location and friendly staff”
Review of Hotel Europa

Hotel Europa
Ranked #44 of 411 Hotels in Florence
eugene
“Ideal location and friendly staff”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Hotel Europa was a very good value. My room was large and comfortable. I stayed 2 nights when I first arrived in Italy and then asked to book 2 nights at the end of my 2 week trip because it was such a nice, quiet place. At no additional cost I was upgraded to a lovely room with a view of the Duomo and Bell tower when I came back. The staff is very friendly and helpful. It is close to the main sites but far enough away to be out of all of the hustle and bustle. This hotel is rated only 2 stars but is 3 star value.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Emily R
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Korean first
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Hotel Europa is a little gem. Miriam and Robert's family who own and run the hotel are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The location is ideal as all the main historic sites and a short walk away. We would definitely stay again. Good value for money.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 28 March 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights. The hotel staff was very friendly and gave us a very warm welcome. The location is just perfect, metres away from the Duomo, and also near the main railway station, which was 10 min away from the hotel.
Miriam was so kind that on my birthday, she waited for us for breakfast, but unfortunately, we were so tired, that we decided to wake up a bit later. It is managed by a family, and each one is always paying attention on everything you might need. Miriam showed us on a map like a real travel agent all the places to visit in Firenze, and she also helped us when we needed to find any other place. The room was confortable, clean and we had the view of the dome ("cupola") of the Duomo. This hotel is also very peaceful.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Caro085
Singapore
Reviewed 24 March 2012

It was our first time in Florence and we are glad we chose this hotel to stay in. They were very helpful in recommending the tours and restaurants to try. The Best of Tuscany Tour recommended was well worth the money especially if you are only staying for a short while and want to be able to maximise seeing the beautiful countryside. The location of the hotel was really good. It was around 10 to 15 minutes walk to Santa Maria Novella station. It was also a nice walk to the historic sites of Florence. The room we stayed in was good sized. Will recommend to friends.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Michele R
Loughborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Fantastic Hotel!!!

From the moment we arrived we felt welcome and at home. The staff were incredibly helpful, spoke fantastic English, and gave us the tips on the best to see and do in our short 3 night stay in Florence!

The room was fantastic, we paid slightly extra per night for the superior room with a view of the Duomo, which was a very wise investment. Clean, tidy, big, fantastic view of Duomo and courtyard (not the busy street out front), lovely size bathroom and shower. A safety deposit box was included in the wardrobe, which put our minds at ease during the day.

The location I cannot recommend highly enough, right in the centre of Florence, only a minutes walk from the Duomo square. I'd done my research before arriving using google maps and google street view, so knew roughly what I was looking for on arriving. I have to admit, I was slightly confused at first, as the entrance to the hotel is actually not on the ground floor. The ground floor has some flats/rooms which are not for guests, and this area is not as pretty or nice as the actual Hotel. Once realising my mistake I arrived on the second floor with my girlfriend to a lovely hotel entrance and reception. The breakfast area was laid out nicely, mostly with tables of two. (Breakfast was well worth the money and filled us up for the rest of the day, lots of choice and a good variety :) )

I liked everything about the hotel, and cannot fault it, or it's staff, especially as it was Easter Sunday the day we arrived, they were so polite!

Once we have saved (we're students so don't have a lot of money) I am certain that we shall be staying here again and hope to for longer!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple