“Outstanding in every way”
Review of Hotel Davanzati

Hotel Davanzati
Ranked #11 of 411 Hotels in Florence
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Everything was outstanding. Despite the fact that this hotel has so many 5-stars on TripAdvisor, it still exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LynetteCz
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Hotel Davanzati

Reviewed 25 May 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights. The service is great; the front desk will do anything to help you and answer any questions you might have. The location is central to all of Florence.

The rooms however are very small (at least the two that I saw) but most importantly the walls are paper thin. You can hear every word of every conversation of people in the corridor. During my stay they were renovating the adjacent room and the noise that started every morning at 8am was unbearable.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank samp22
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I stayed in this hotel mostly because the reviews in Tripadvisor. And I have to say it exceeded my expectations.
The hotel is in a great location, on the heart of the historic center, near the SMN train station. The Ponte Vecchio, Via de Tornabuoni, il Duomo, Piazza della Signoria are all minutes away walking.
A cab ride from airport to the hotel and from hotel to airport costs 23 euros.
As soon I completed my reservation I received an email from the hotel management explaining some details like the fact there are few steps to climb before reach the elevator and it is a nice touch. So if you have problems with that you can cancel the reservation and look somewhere else.

The room they gave me was huge in special for european standards. Simple decoration and with good taste. You feel really cozy. For the allergic the good news is the fact the room don't have carpet instead they use ceramic on the floors.
Comfortable bed, a desk with laptop, chair, minibar, TV with satellite channels and wardrobe complete the decoration. Very quiet room.
The prices of the products on minibar are very reasonable. Usually hotels try to rip you off on these kind of stuff but this was not the case in this hotel. And it is a great because in Florence is kind hard to find groceries stores and you need to rely on minibar.

Bathroom is also huge. Excellent shower with lots of hot water. Nice toiletries with products made by a local company.

Breakfast is very good too. Juices, bread, pastries, jelly and fresh coffee. Everybody already talked about the happy hour so I will leave it.

Upon check in you will receive 3 usernames and passwords to access the hotel wifi. So you can connect until 3 gadgets. Internet was fast and reliable.

Everyone on the staff are amazing. Helpful and warm when needed and discrete the rest of the time. Exactly as they have to be. Kudos Fabrizio and Tommaso to reach this kind of balance.

I definitely will recommend the hotel for friends traveling to Florence and also would stay here again when I come back.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank raulds
Reviewed 23 May 2012

This place really had it all. From the time I booked my room, the hotel was helpful with museum tickets, dinner reservations, parking arrangements, etc. Definitely over the top service. The rooms were clean and very large with tile floors. Double pain windows kept all noise out. The Internet was free with 3 different logins provided - very helpful for multiple devices. Breakfast was normal but very nice service. The location is close to everything. 3 blocks to Uffizi, 6 blocks to Academia, 2 blocks to the River. One other thing, don't drive to Florence. Parking is very expensive and access to many streets is limited.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travelelmundo100
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I cannot say enough about our experience at this hotel. It was truly amazing. My wife and I stayed here during the first week of our honeymoon, and from the moment we arrived until we left 3 days later, Fabricio and the rest of the staff at Hotel Davanzati went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed. For example, unbeknownst to me, you cannot park in many places around Florence. When we went to check in, I mentioned in passing having found a terrific parking space along the street. Immediately Fabricio caught on to this, and within 5 minutes he had a valet service on its way to move the car without my having to ask or do anything at all. The happy hour and breakfasts were top notch and better than advertised, and the rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. The hotel is in a prime location, but we never had any issue with it being too noise, etc.

When we left, I told Fabricio that I could not thank him enough for making our honeymoon so enjoyable, so I decided that the best way to repay him was to do this review. YOU CANNOT GO WRONG STAYING HERE.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple