“Friendly, homely & great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of B & B Novecento

B & B Novecento
Ranked #346 of 659 Florence B&B and Inns
Carms
“Friendly, homely & great location”
Reviewed 14 May 2012

We had a wonderful 4 night stay at this lovely little B&B right in the centre of Florence. Franco and his wife were very welcoming and friendly, even helping get us tickets for the Uffizi to avoid the queues. It was like a home from home during our stay.
Our room was spacious, clean and the bed extrememly comfortable (I'm very fussy about a good nights sleep!). The location was excellent just a few hundred yards from the Duomo but we didn't find it noisey in the nights.
You must check out the roof terrace while you are there, the most amazing views of the Dome of the cathedral and the roof tops of Florence.
On the down side the breakfast is not the most sunstantial we have ever had but it was sufficient and served in such a charming way by Franco, it is difficult to criticise!
The B&B is on the 3rd floor (how else would you get such an amazing view from the roof terrace!) so if you have mobility problems it may not be the best, but for us it was just lovely!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Juleshew
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Sawako and Franco are wonderful proprietors of this warm and inviting bed and breakfast, right in the middle of everything you want to see and do in Florence. The rooms - and I say 'rooms' because I originally booked only two nights but ended up needing to stay an additional two, which was instantly accommodated with a change into a second room - are exceptionally clean and comfortable, with an orthopedic mattress, huge windows and lovely decor.

Breakfast is a simple, no-fuss affair; a perfect start to a busy sightseeing day. The Duomo is less than a block away, and the location slightly north of the city center is ideal for similarly quick jaunts to the Accademia (literally down the street), San Lorenzo, San Marco, Market Centrale and a brief bus trip to Fiesole. However, points south and west are easily accessible as well: Ponte Vecchio, Palazzo Pitti and Santo Spirito are all within a 20 minute walk - in fact I made the trip twice in one day!

This B&B is perfect for singles or couples on a budget who like their accommodations to have the cozy feeling of home, but still want freedom to come and go as they please.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank tacoley
Orléans, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 17 November 2011

My son already wrote a favourable review following our stay at the Novecento in early October- see “Fantastic location and great hospitality” (with the story of the large bike box). I just wanted to confirm that my wife and I agree with everything he wrote, and I wanted to add that I even looked forward to having breakfast every morning simply to be be entertained by the inimitable Franco. He and his wife, Sawako, went out of their way to ensure we had a pleasant and comfortable stay. I doubt that you can find a better location in Firenze (Florence). Of course, there are a bunch of stairs to climb, but in spite of the age of the building, the rooms are well appointed and the bathrooms are modern.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Papi_de_Caleb
Haarlem, The Netherlands
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I stayed at the Novecento while visiting Firenze with my parents at the beginning of October. We'd showed up with me hauling a very large bicycle box, which isn't ideal for a 3rd floor B&B in a 500 year old building, but from the initial encounter both Franco and Sawako were welcoming and happy to help find a temporary storage solution for my unconventional luggage. That challenge aside, we were heartily welcomed at breakfast every day, and it was made quite clear that the owners very much enjoy providing hospitality for their guests. The B&B is clean, and quite centrally located near the Duomo. It may be a little noisy with the windows open from time to time, but I expect this in the heart of an old city. I would certainly return to stay again, though next time maybe without the extra large suitcase. :-)

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Phil D
Fargo, ND
Reviewed 30 October 2011

This little B&B is located a short distance from the side of the Duomo, so the location is very good. It is also affordable given the prices in Florence. The owner and his girl friend are very friendly and welcoming, and happy to provide recommendations and other information you might want about the city. The main drawback, for me at least, was that the place is four very long flights up (remember, our first floor is 0 in Italy, so third floor really means fourth). Fortunately, they do have a power winch rigged up so the heavy luggage can be raised and lowered, though I foolishly said I would carry up the lighter bag when we first arrived – it was not so light, especially after spirally around the long flights. But that was my mistake. The day we left, we went out in the morning and when we got back they had, as promised, lowered all of our luggage and had it waiting at the door. They also called a taxi for us so we were off to the train station quickly, easily and no strain. The room was not fancy but comfortable, and was quiet, but we were on the backside rather than the street. Still, I have no reason to think that the street side would have been noisy. The other drawback is that the bathroom was tiny, and it is one of those places where the shower is protected by a shower curtain but is otherwise in the front of the bathroom, with a drain in the middle of the floor, so once someone has showered you must wipe the floor clean or walk on it wet. They do try to sell you some beauty or bath products, but they did not get pushy about it. All in all, a nice place to stay and I would certainly consider staying there again.

Room Tip: Be sure to wait for the owner to use the winch to hoist up your bags. There few rooms so I don'...