“Could not have asked for a better stay”
Review of HOTEL LORENA

HOTEL LORENA
Ranked #126 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We stayed at the hotel Lorena for 12 nights in March....the staff was friendly and helpful, breakfast was welcoming each morning, the rooms spacious and clean, the location was great.
I would highly recommend, and them for adding to our Florence experience.

Stayed: May 2011

Reviewed 16 February 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Lorena for almost a month in November 2011 - December 2011 (minus two weekends) and loved every minute. I actually ended up staying on three different floors throughout my stay, and while each room (single w/o bathroom) was a little different they were each really unique and quaint in their own way.

First my favorite part: the breakfast. The cappuccino they will make for you in the morning is EXCELLENT! The girl that works in the breakfast room is SO sweet and friendly and I always felt so comfortable just "breakfasting" for a while every morning.

The location is PERFECT. Its close to all of the things tourist want to see, however, its located in a way that the noise from these activities (Duomo) don't seem to carry to the rooms. AND, its very very easy to go on the Santo Spirito side (my sister lived on that side so I took twice daily walks over to the side).

The price is also perfect. Prior to my arrival I spent 5 nights in Switzerland. I spent more in those 5 nights then I did in almost 30 and Hotel Lorena.

Traveling alone, as a young women, safety is always a primary concern, and I felt that the family attitude of the place, the location, the price, everything contributed to a wonderful stay.

I am living in Rome now, however, I will be traveling to Florence this spring and will definitely stay here!!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Madaline H
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Stayed three nights in early January, and my husband and I were both very pleased with the hotel. Great convenient loction and helpful and pleasant staff at a more than reasonable price. Our room, #32, had a small private bathroom with a queen AND a twin bed, a wardrobe/ closet, desk, TV, and even a small fridge. Plenty of heat and hot water. We skipped the breakfast as there was an extra charge at the time (it is now advertised as "Free" in a promotion)

This hotel has received many excellent reviews, including ours. But make no mistake- this is not a full service 5-star hotel as we know it in the states. For example, towels were changed after 2 days. There is no lobby and a small and dark "breakfast room". This is a small budget hotel, but PERFECT for us- retirees who love to travel without spending lots of money on accomodations.

Room Tip: Lorenzo de Medici Ristorante just down the block has a CHEAP tourist menu (only 7.50 E) in a much ni...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peabody2
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Great location, and friendly staff. Breakfast wasn't the best, but was decent enough. Beds comfy and everything worked. Only comment is bring ear plugs - it can be noisy.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 22 January 2012

We (my wife and I, in our 60s) stayed here October 2011, for five nights. Lorena is located very conveniently to both the train station and the central pedestrian district. The staff is very helpful and the hotel clean and neat. We liked room 31, a larger room with a partial view of the dome of the Doumo. This is a budget hotel and a good value for central Florence. Be aware you have to climb a set of stairs to the first floor to get to reception and the elevator to the rest of the hotel. We've stayed here before and will again when we next visit Florence. Recommended without reservation. Tom O.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple