HOTEL LORENA
NH Hotels
US$ 184
US$ 161
  • Restaurant
Hilton Florence Metropole(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$ 184
US$ 284
US$ 263
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmedici chapeltrain stationbusy squaregreat locationbudget hotelfirst floorvia faenzacarry your luggagereception area isclean hotelhot showerminutes walkingsan lorenzoair conaround the cornera stones throwsingle bed
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Very nice and clean budget hotel in the center of Florence. Everything is in walking distance, train station is only a few minutes away. Very helpfull and friendly staff and surprisingly clean rooms. For the price we paid, I don't think we could have gotten a better hotel!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vishal H
Reviewed 15 September 2011

stayed here recently with a friend. excellent place to stay, great location...but then again in florence everything is walking distance. great double pane windows to keep the noise out when going to sleep. The AC worked fine, though somehow errily came back on when it was turned off. Good continental breakfast. Wonderful custard danishes! Friendly staff. You do have to keep your keys at the desk when leaving the hotel everyday, but it was not a problem, the staff know who you are. Bathrooms and rooms are clean. Price is great as well.
The only reason I put 4 stars instead of 5 is that I really dont want other people to come here and thus make the prices higher because of demand (I know, selfish of me huh?!)
I would love to go back to visit Florence and would love to stay here again.
Stayed here with a friend, looking for great budget places.

Room Tip: there are 2 websites to book a room, do your research on both. A certain guide book reference helps too. ask the front desk to help book the gallerys for you.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank nuevodia
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This is a place where everything worked as it should. The only downside is that although they've got an elevator it doesn't run from the ground floor. This might not be a problem if you're fit enough but this hotel is not suitable for handicapped persons.
We enjoyed our stay in this hotel. The price was good, the location even better (we skipped the hotel breakfast - not included in the room price and headed to get excellent coffee and some sandwiches at one of the cheap cafeterias in the Central Market very close to the hotel). Everything in our room was spotlessly clean. There is a somewhat noisy square by the hotel, but thanks to A/C we could sleep with windows closed and they blocked all the noise. I will be returning there next time I'm going to Florence.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Stayed with 3 other friends in the quad room for 2 nights recently and can only recommend the hotel for its excellent location and attentive staff. Clean, quiet and strategically located. Although we had some initial problems with the AC, this was sorted out efficiently by the night staff with no fuss at all. The best feature of the hotel is the location. Just a 4 minute walk from both the SMN train station and the Duomo area with lots of eateries and a handy launderette round the corner. For avid shopaholics like us, it helped that the San Lorenzo market was literally at our doorstep!

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the Medici chapel
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank sharonoh
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Slept there one night. the location is right in the middle. 5 minutes walking to everyplace.
Lorenzo is the one that recived me and was great in explaning me everything, gave me a very good suggestions and advices.
i never got a NO for my reauests, and there were all great there.
the room i got is one with a shower & Toilets attached.
that part was ok, even if some of the water from the shower start to flow to the room (the floor of the shower is just bented from the regular floor - not a real blocking)
its a good value for money.
I suggeste to people who want to eat good and not expensive to visit the Palle D'oro on Via Santa Antonio near the hotel - and eat on the bar - it fast and tasty food.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Avi198
Management response:Responded 3 September 2011

Hello avi,

I remember you, and I am glad for what you wrote us

I hope to see you soon, maybe in Israel !!

Ciao