This little place was my choice after reading TripAdvisor reviews. A friend & I stayed from 27 April to 2 May 2008 and weren't disappointed.
Junko, who was there to greet us on check-in, gave us each a map of the city with everything we needed to know marked or highlighted by hand, no less. Francesca (one of the owners) went out of her way to be helpful, including printing out things I needed for Rome after leaving Firenze.
The room was spacious, and you could eat your dinner off the floors -- such was the standard of cleaning. We never needed to of course, because there's a big kitchen/dining room which is great for fixing meals -- we loved to eat goodies bought from Mercato Centrale (OMG the formaggio, pesto, pomodoro, olives, melanzane, Italian pickles...) Having a dining table & kitchen meant we didn't have to eat out every meal, saving some euros for all those amazing galleries!
Location is so close to everything. We walked everywhere. And for those who like stairs, I counted 95 to the Relais level. There is a lift from the first floor but we never used it. My legs have rarely felt better thanks to all the stairs of Firenze!
The only negatives (and these are minor) were:
- the wireless internet signal didn't reach our room, and I had to take laptop into the sitting room to go online
- the shower was low on pressure and could have been a bit hotter
- the mattresses were firmer and narrower than we like
Over all, thumbs up, we'll definitely recommend this place to friends and would stay again next visit to Firenze.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Relais Cavalcanti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Cavalcanti Hotel Florence