“What a location”

Hotel Perseo
Ranked #40 of 411 Hotels in Florence
“What a location”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

The location can not be beaten - just steps away from il duomo and when traveling with kids this is handy. The service was even better than the location! The ladies were a pleasure to speak with each morning - I was even told my Italian was very good. Accommodations for our children were amended without even asking. Breakfast was great and the kids were even given a Christmas gift each. We'll go back to Florence and to hotel perseo.

• Stayed December 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Very pleasant stay. Very helpful staff and suggested us to a very good restaurant! Great location - we walked everywhere.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I am a single female traveler who has stayed at the Hotel Perseo 3 times in 2 years. This hotel is owned by gracious and kind Louise and Giacinto who treated me as a welcome guest in their beautiful property. Of course, I must mention the incredible central location that is unbeatable and close to anywhere you could possible need to go for a vacation in Florence. That is an obvious perk, but what stands out about this hotel is the welcoming, helpful people who work there. Laura and Tani go out of their way to help guests with any possible aspect of being in Florence, and Anna's smiling face every morning in the breakfast room is a delightful way to start the day. Other staff members are excellent, too, but I just don't know their names... While I was at the Perseo, I received some incredible, life-changing news and, as a solo traveler, had no friends or family nearby to share my news with. I ran down to see Laura at the reception desk and shared my news with her and with the others as I saw them. They were supportive and sweet and celebrated my joyful news along with me. At the Perseo, guests are treated like good friends. I will always go back to the Perseo and highly recommend it to anyone traveling in Florence- couples, families, and solo travelers. The rooms are beautiful and comfortable and the price is right, too! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Oxfordshire
Reviewed 6 February 2012

This unassuming hotel is right by the Duomo and Baptistery and not far from Palazzo Strozzi and the main train station. It is easy to miss the entrance as it is a doorway sandwiched between shops and although Reception is on the 3rd floor, you don't have to drag your luggage up flights of stairs as there is a lift. The staff were very helpful and pleasant and the breakfast was not bad. Despite not being luxurious, our room was clean and comfortable and the price is not at all bad value for the money, given the location,.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SuzyOxfordshire
fairhope
Reviewed 22 January 2012

My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon through Italy. This was the only Hotel we stayed in on our trip, we went for B&B's in Rome and Florence. But we were very happy with the hotel. It's so close to the things we wanted to do. THe breakfast was great every morning. The room was clean and spacious and a had a great view. We would definetely stay here if we get the chance to return to Florence!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple