Hotel Cimabue
US$ 375
US$ 195
US$ 183
  • Restaurant
Hilton Florence Metropole(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$ 193
US$ 565
US$ 425
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfree wifi in our roombefore check in timesecond stopwithin walking distancepleasant stayother hotelssanta mariafree breakfastmin walkfamily roombudget hotelcomfortable roomsexcellent locationaround the cornerthe air conditioningluggagesites
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Everything about this hotel was lovely, the decor, the location&the woman on reception was beyond helpful. But the only downfall was that our room was on the ground floor overlooking the street and it was so noisy it was a terrible nights sleep. Nothing the hotel could do to avoid but if you're a light sleeper then worth asking for a room away from the main street if possible. If we'd been staying longer than a couple of nights then I would have asked for a different room and have no doubt they would have sorted one out for us. Otherwise an A+ hotel which I would happily visit again.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 28 November 2011

This hotel is great value for your money. If you need a nice, clean and quiet place to stay in Florence, Cimabue is the place..The rooms are very clean and neat, the staff, friendly and helpful. Overall, it's top quality service for what you pay. I'd definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank nrcpn
Reviewed 25 November 2011

Thank you kindly to all staff of this wonderful hotel. The hotel staff were very friendly, polite and always ready to assist if needed. It's within walking distance of everything you need or want to see. It is also very close to the train station. The rooms are very clean large and with frescoes. The breakfast had a wonderful selection.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Jolie H
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I wouldn't say this was an 'amazing' place, but everything we needed was there including the free wifi (although I've read about the others who weren't so fortunate). It's close to the sites but far enough that you'd see locals hanging out in the vicinity. We stayed in one of the smaller double rooms and it was comfortable and cozy. The bathroom had a stand-up shower, toilet and bidet, sink, small bars of soap, shampoo packets, and shower caps.

The staff was not helpful. Upon arrival at around 1:45 pm in the afternoon, the gentleman at the front desk told us, 'You are early.' He told us to come back at 3:00pm and handed us a map without an explanation of how to get to the sites or the city centre. A 'welcome to the hotel' would have been nice, along with a smile perhaps? It felt like we were really bothering them if we had any simple questions. I really don't understand where the helpful staff comments are coming from. Even upon check-out, there was no acknolwedgement from the same gentleman on our arrival. He simply took the key and proceeded to make what sounded like a personal call. He did not thank us for our custom. I suppose it's a 3- star establishment, so that's what you get for 3 stars.

Other than the unhelpful staff, the accommodation was actually pretty comfortable and I enjoyed my stay as it was very close to the city centre. Breakfast was ok, no hot foods available as it was only continental with, breads, toast, jams, yoghurts, and cereals. Coffees and teas available upon request, breakfast served only from 7am-10am.

Overall just an OK stay at an OK place. Nothing amazing.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dia F
Reviewed 7 November 2011

A delightful hotel with friendly helpful staff. All within walking distance. There is free internet in the rooms. The hotel has been updated recently, and the room was neat, clean and tidy. My husband and I had no complains. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Florence!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple