“Delicious”
Review of Koko

Koko
Reserve with
Koko is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #239 of 2,876 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$ 49 - US$ 74
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Restaurant of sushi a là carte, (no all you can eat) medium price for each person is 35€ or more.
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Absolutely without hesitation very nice Japanese restaurant. Fast and friendly service. Excellent menu with good variety of choice. The food is freshly made and of good taste. Choice of table seating or traditional Japanese seating, facilitated by under the table leg space. Prices moderate though not cheap. Definitely value for money

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

I have been here 1 week ago with a friend, and instead of a peaceful quiet dinner I had to listen to the manager shouting with the waiter because instead of leaving the plate in the middle of our table, he left it on the side. Even though I told the manager there is absolutely no problem with it, noone cares where the plate is he continued to grumble at this poor guy. This behaviour is absolutely unacceptable especially in a restaurant where you spend at least €200. I might be too sensitive but he literally ruined my evening I was so upset about what happened. I give two points only because the food is good, even though after this scene I've lost my appetite and left everything on my plate. Dear manager: if you have something to say to your employees, please next time do it in private not in front of the clients. I would never return to a place where people are treated this way.
Best Regards
Lilla

3  Thank Lilla L
Reviewed 28 June 2017

After eating so much Italian food on this trip we were excited to find Koko. The interior is quite funky: all black and gold and nicely furnished. We started with some tempura and it was not bad, a little overly oily, which is a sign they did not use ice water in their batter mixture preparation. They also didn't seem to use Panko so they were flat, but fairly good tasting. This was followed by a mix of rolls and nigiri sushi as well as some sashimi. Salmon sashimi was delicious, tuna wasn't as good. Rolls and nigiri were well done although rice was slightly over seasoned. Also very tightly packed compared to Japan.

Service was good and we had an enjoyable night. Not a bad stop if you are looking to change it up from Italian food!

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

Fresh, crisp, new Japanese flavours. Love the modern decor and friendly staff. Cool tables, Japanese style seating on floor cushions or contemporary table and chairs. Californian rolls and noodles were flavoursome. Green tea panacotta was delicious. I always enjoy Japanese tea with my food. For some reason it tastes better. Reasonably priced. I loved it and will definitely return .

Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

I went there many times and every time it was just great! Very nice and calm atmosphere if you like to have a dinner just with you parter I gladly recommend this restaurant. I really like their sushi menu, it's far way better then most I tasted in Florence, and their meat menu is good too. I recommend this place also if you like to take a walk after you eat, especially at evening, because looking at the Arno in the light of Florence is just great, something you don't want to miss while you are in Florence!